just ordered my first Estes pro series rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3boydad

Reaction score
i couldn't resist any longer. i bought the sale priced Leviathan from hobbylinc with another pack of retainers. i will have her by wed since i chose USPS for del. hope they are cool as everyone says they are.

to add i do have a mantis pad and a pro series pad to launch from!

They look like nice rockets and that's a decent price. Sounds like you have nice launch set up, enjoy!

I LOVE my Leviathan! It's bigger than it looks in the pictures, and it flies great! I also use a Mantis launch pad.

I am building the Ventris that my wife and son picked up at Hobby Lobby for me. I have to say that i'm pretty impressed with the Estes Pro - granted the gigantic tri-fold shock cord thing made me laugh. I ditched it but thought it was good to see them keep things "similar" for people transitioning into MPR from Estes kits. I am sure that my brother who used to build Estes with me when were kids could build this with those skills even after 30-some years. A good marketing strategy for sure.

I am building it "stock" other than the shock cord replacement and possibly using removable rivets for the payload. It seems a waste to not have the ability to someday put a tracker in it for a long burn motor. Other than that - wood glue for everything but the retainer. I am pretty sure that it will hold up to most G-H motors excepting possibly the VMAX stuff.

I should have stopped in at HL today to see if they had a leviathan in stock to snag with the 40% off.....

I've built but not flown my Leviathan - very sweet rocket - think of it as kind of a stretch Big Daddy! (Same slotted tube for the aft section and the same nose cone - fins and centering rings have been swapped out for plywood, though.) I've got a Ventris that I haven't built yet, but I really want a Nike Smoke!

I've built but not flown my Leviathan - very sweet rocket - think of it as kind of a stretch Big Daddy! (Same slotted tube for the aft section and the same nose cone - fins and centering rings have been swapped out for plywood, though.) I've got a Ventris that I haven't built yet, but I really want a Nike Smoke!

I have a smoke on the way - it was too hard to pass up adding it into my AMW/PROX order with a 29mm CTI case & closure added in. I was going to get another 29mm case anyway so the rocket was really cheap.

The Estes Pro series look great, saw one at hobby lobby the other day. Sounds like it is going to be a fun build!

I have passed on these kits so far but if AMW has a smoke at the launch next weekend I may end up with one. Interesting note regarding the shock cord mount, I just finished the build of an Estes V2 and it was setup for mounting the cord to the fore centering ring (granted I used 2mm cord rather than the rubber band and coated the entire top CR and cord in epoxy). If I get the smoke I will likely use a small u-bolt in the fore CR, a much better option IMHO.

The Nike Smoke is my favorite rocket. I am tempted to buy one. HL did not have one yet.

got my package today. monday to wed from GA to CA USPA great turn around time!!! cant wait to build this baby but must complete a few rockets first too many projects at on time. although i wanna look at it

Back