Just in Time for Christmas by Estes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpJet

Reaction score
For the person that simply can't get enough rocket related stuff in their life.

https://www.estesrockets.com/new/

They come in three different colors.

John Boren

Rocket Ornament.jpg

how long before someone turns it into a flying rocket with a mini engine?

how long before someone turns it into a flying rocket with a mini engine?

It actually was. It started out as (I believe) the Minnie Meanie RTF rocket. I guess they finally figured out something to do with the molds...
:p

Pretty cool, just the same.

My wife gets upset with all of my rocket stuff as is. I doubt she would be happy if it carried over to the Christmas Tree
May not be a MERRY Christmas :facepalm:

I'm hoping plastic rather than glass.

Quoting Will Smith from Independence Day "I have GOT to get me one of these!"

Instead of hanging from a small loop or a hook, theses should come with a little parachute that gets entangled in the branches. They should also come with a 40-foot pole for removing them after Christmas.

Very cool indeed. I wish shipping didn't cost three times the cost of the ornament - I had to order 6 just so I felt justified in placing the order. :eyeroll:

Very cool indeed. I wish shipping didn't cost three times the cost of the ornament - I had to order 6 just so I felt justified in placing the order. :eyeroll:

Presuming that:

1) I can afford to buy the ones I want

2) Estes still has them by the time I can afford them

I'll be waiting for a Veterans Day, or Thanksgiving Day sale, and add them to it, thus making the shipping fee more manageable.

This rocket was one of the Mighty Mights series that was produced to compete with the Quest Micro Maxx product line.

This specific model shape was issued in several different colors and names.

I have all of them (I think). This is the 'Ninja' version.

Estes Ninja.jpg

And you'll get to do it again next year and every year after that. They just have to change the "2014" sticker or silk screen for each year and they're golden.
You wouldn't want to have an incomplete set would you? Sets are how they become collector's items.

I prefer to just stick an alpha on top of the tree. :p
That said, it's a nice idea, an interesting collectable.

Nate

For the person that simply can't get enough rocket related stuff in their life.
https://www.estesrockets.com/new/
They come in three different colors.
John Boren

Thus starting the pagan rocketeer tradition of hanging rockets in trees during the winter solstice to appease the capricious tree elves, in the hope that they will return your flying rockets intact in the coming year. :p

Instead of hanging from a small loop or a hook, theses should come with a little parachute that gets entangled in the branches. They should also come with a 40-foot pole for removing them after Christmas.
Make the pole aluminum and you have a built-in Festivus decoration :p

$12 of ornaments, $10.49 of shipping. It doesn't seem right.

I ordered all 3. Added a few items to total around $60. Apparently at $50 shipping is free!

Jerome :)

Thus starting the pagan rocketeer tradition of hanging rockets in trees during the winter solstice to appease the capricious tree elves, in the hope that they will return your flying rockets intact in the coming year. :p

I've been hanging rockets on the Xmas tree for a few years now. Has bought me no favor with the rocket gods - those outdoor trees are hungry as ever! (Estes ornaments = very cute).

Make the pole aluminum and you have a built-in Festivus decoration :p

well jeez- if you're going to do that, you might as well just put up 1010 rail, hang the rocket on it, and call it a day.

If i have a red rocket on 1010 rail, does that count as a christmas tree?

Just wondering, are these still flyable like the 13mm micros? I had a Mini Meanie a while ago.

Back