Just go nut with my new camera!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
You want pics???

You got pics!

I love this camera! Best pesent...EVER!

OK...here goes...this is MOST of my "Scale Stuff"

sandman

Now here are some ...most...of my clones.

Some originals in there.

sandman

These are the "Classics" from da olden days!

Some are originals!

sandman

There are more, somewhere.

That should satisfy your need for pictures for a little while.

Now I gotta go put 'em all someplace!

sandman

OOPS!

I forgot some...hehehehe:)

These are all the "Roachwerk" prototypes.

They were upstairs in my office.

There are more but...I'll leave you alone now.

sandman

Great pics sand! I guess that leaves me as the only TRF'er with a crappy camera :(

Those are great shots Sand! Wow, you've got a lot of really great stuff there. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor :D Some great inspiration there too.

Regards,
Todd

Nice shots Sandman...

Now, are these spots where these rockets are posed permanently or were they placed there temporarily?

nice I love those little launch pads. That white rocket, in the last picture, looks like the one Jim has an insane number of flights on

Permanently the "majority" of my rockets stay in the downstairs "Rumpus" room.

Combination media room, workshop, hobby, closet storage, laundry, sewing, model railroad, Rocketry and Space Exploration Shrine room that used to be a basement.

It was actually our vacation to Mexico that was cancelled one year because I couldn't find "cheap enough" airfair.

We spent what the trip would have cost to fix up our finished basement.

I have a nice large capeted media room with lots of video audio toys in it. You really should hear a playback of a Saturn 1B on lift-off in Sorround Sound from the DVD "The Mighty Saturn"!!

Rockets are scattered...well...orderly displayed, around the media room on shelves bookcases on top of the media center...standing in the corner...it's all OK 'cause this is "MY" half of the house!

I'm allowed to "decorate" any way I wish too decorate...as long as I keep it clean! (Man, those Swiffer Dusters work great!)

There are a bunch more in the woorkshop area too. Some rockets adorn my office too...My best and FAVORITE ones.

sandman

That white rocket, in the last picture, looks like the one Jim has an insane number of flights on

Ryan,

It's a Mini-clone of it...The Astron Sprint.

Not as worn as Jim's

sandman

well, 401 flights in a span of 30 years spread over 7 states *does* tend to put some wear on balsawood and cardboard... :p

She's retired now, her last flight at the hands of Vern Estes at NARAM-45 this past year. A fitting rest to the best workhorse in my fleet.

let's see now...

One model rocket Sprint: $1.45 (remember, this was purchased in the late '60's)

401 launches at an average of $1.10 each: $441.10

Vern and Gleda Estes' autograph on said rocket: Priceless

:D :D

i envy you beyond belief... also is that a custom saturn v in the first picture or what?

No, nothing custom. that's an Estes Saturn V about 4 years old.

I'm afraid to fly it!

I have some AT E15-4's to try.

sandman

Originally posted by jflis
well, 401 flights in a span of 30 years spread over 7 states *does* tend to put some wear on balsawood and cardboard... :p

She's retired now, her last flight at the hands of Vern Estes at NARAM-45 this past year. A fitting rest to the best workhorse in my fleet.

let's see now...

One model rocket Sprint: $1.45 (remember, this was purchased in the late '60's)

401 launches at an average of $1.10 each: $441.10

Vern and Gleda Estes' autograph on said rocket: Priceless

:D :D

Umm...Jim...I thought you were old...but not old enough to forget the 402nd flight at NEFAR this November...I thought you would remember that...you even had me push the button...I feel so forgotten and alone...

Just kidding! :D :D

Jason

Sandman,

Oh man, now you done and did it...I was perfectly content to not look at your pics, knowing full well that I'd be in shock, utterly unable to respond with anything more than a silent and amazed look of genuine awe..and then I clicked on the first pic...

*silence.....stunned expression...drools runs off chin, down chest, onto left arm down to wrist, into keyboard, short circuiting it, and sending a large dose of electricity through my cerebral cortex...the resulting shock causes my right arm to spasm, knocking my glass of wine over, dribbles down my leg, across the plastic matting and into the surge protector, ...thus surely electrocuting me...but all for a good cause..my last vision will be a perfectly rendered Sandhawk*

if you've been following along..what I'm trying to say is..KILLER PICS !

Originally posted by jetra2
Umm...Jim...I thought you were old...but not old enough to forget the 402nd flight at NEFAR this November...I thought you would remember that...you even had me push the button...I feel so forgotten and alone...

Jason

I was rather honored that Jim brought his Sprint to NEFAR. It is quite fitting, however, that the end of his project segwayed right into another. This time it is his brainchild rocket that will be flown multiple times and by multiple fliers. I would certainly say that the Sprint had a great occasion on which to see its last flight.

Great pics sand! I guess that leaves me as the only TRF'er with a crappy

Nope..sadly I have a JamCam as my only camera. A sad excuse for any photography, in that you must be within 3 feet to have any type of clear image. You can imagine my dismay the first time I tried using it for rocket pics, and wound up crawling foreward to 3 feet..realized quickly this was not good news, even if I was launching a 1/2 A motor.

Too little monies for any sort of upgrade..Ah well, ya can't have everything. 8(

Now Sandman, about that Little Joe kit..*weg*

You'll be wondering how you ever got along without it.

As far as all those pic's. Thanks. Now I have to clean all the drool off the screen!:D

Ohhh, love those pictures sandman.

... and I have to admit especially the scale collection :)

Originally posted by jetra2

Jason

OUCH! I *am* getting old! LOL gotta make up a plaque so I don't forget again :p

Back