June 15th MMMSC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As usual, a great time was had at the launch! The weather was a lot more bearable than last time, so I got in two flights.
First up, the Little Rascal loved the H250:
View attachment 134142
View attachment 134141
OpenRocket estimates that it went about 1800', which seems right to me. It was an easy recovery,
Next up was the repaired Two Ton with added ring fin. It flew on an H128 to probably 1300'-1500'.
View attachment 134144
View attachment 134143
Also a very easy recovery, and no fin damage this time!

Lots of cool flights yesterday!

Eggy,

Attachment are not working.

Daniel

The neat thing was when a woman named Ann showed up to tell us that she found a rocket in her back yard last year! I went and got it. It was complete, good condition w/o the nose cone. Now if only we knew who it belonged to?

Dan, I was thinking about that on the way home and I remember a guy going for his L1 cert last year when the nose separated from the body and the parachute sailed out over the road somewhere, probably on its way to Rochester. That rocket looked like the one he built. If you can have Scott check the launch from 7/28 I bet that he is on there. Worth a try!

I reuploaded, and they look like they work now. Weird...

Dan, I was thinking about that on the way home and I remember a guy going for his L1 cert last year when the nose separated from the body and the parachute sailed out over the road somewhere, probably on its way to Rochester. That rocket looked like the one he built. If you can have Scott check the launch from 7/28 I bet that he is on there. Worth a try!

Maybe so but this airframe had the chute with it. There was a leg of the recovery harness that had a knot in the end probably where it was tied to the nose cone. Scott will likely post a pic on the MMMSClub site to see if that sparks any response. It's nice to know we have a good relationship with more of the neighbors.

Maybe so but this airframe had the chute with it. There was a leg of the recovery harness that had a knot in the end probably where it was tied to the nose cone. Scott will likely post a pic on the MMMSClub site to see if that sparks any response. It's nice to know we have a good relationship with more of the neighbors.
It is good to know that we have a good relationship with the neighbors.

I thought that the guy had tied the shock cord to the plastic D-Ring....well hopefully we can find out who it was. If not I'm sure that someone will find a use for the airframe eventually.

Thanks for pushing the buttons again Kenn!

Between my son's baseball game and end of season ceremony we had 3+ hrs to get to Berwick, launch some b6-4's, and drive back. It was our first experience with MMMSC and our second official launch. We put 11 Estes birds in the air, and only lost a red fin from a Flash model (small reward if found). Some landed near, some far, lol. I wanted to thank everyone involved, as we had a great time. We were also the lucky recipient of the gifted Maxi Alpha 3 from Ramjet. Thank you! We have been flying for 3 months now, and we have a stable of b and c class engine rockets. I have since built two rockets to run 29mm and 38mm motors (soon to be first run), but the addition of this rocket to our stable is the coolest, as we now get to load d's and e's and have large rocket flights under 1k ft. altitude. I replaced the shock cord, parachute (both old and untrustworthy), and glued fillets to the fins and rear motor mount to make them more rigid. Just need a nomex chute protector and engine and we are ready to go. What a gift,... as its like the missing link at this point. What a cool kit. I have seen cameras attached, and 7 yr olds put them together on youtube. This model rocks. This one is made with yellow wood glue, so ill always keep it mellow under loads. Anyway, thanks for the act of kindness, and our local rocket club for making it happen. You have given us large rocket action in my small sports field next door. Priceless!

Back