GO June 10-11 Launch in Dalzell, SC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
ROSCO - Rocketry South Carolina will host a sport rocket launch in Dalzell, SC, on 10 and 11 June. We set up on Saturday at 0930 or when enough people can assist. The flights will start at approximately 10 am and go till about 1700 (5 pm). There will not be a vendor this month.

I’m 87% sure on this, but as ROSCO is the NAR prefect, they (Rx motors) won’t be allowed, the TRA launches are the ICBM launches, which that would be next month.

You can check on their website just to be sure.
But Tripoli members can do a cert. launch, just no experimental launches.

OK, I just wanted to know.

I'll be out of town for a while but would love to get down there from VA for a launch. I just use mostly my research motor for anything above an H. Guess I'll have to wait for the TRA launch.

I am the club prefect. If you look at our schedule:

https://www.rocketrysouthcarolina.org/pages/2023LaunchSchedule/
Any launch labeled ICBM is research compatible. If you tell the RSO when you sign up that it is you first time one our field, your first day of flight fees are on me.
That is so great! I've been wanting to get down to the Carolina's for a launch. I hear so many stories from the long time members about Orangeburg and other launches around there. So looking forward to it even though I know it's not the same as it was!

That is so great! I've been wanting to get down to the Carolina's for a launch. I hear so many stories from the long time members about Orangeburg and other launches around there. So looking forward to it even though I know it's not the same as it was!

There are a few still left.

Oh man. I’m hoping to drive over after work Saturday morning. Get a couple of fun launches in. Lots to do to get ready on my end. Always a blast, pun intended, at the ROSCO launches.

Rats!

Looks like the DBRm won't be flying, then. I have NO 29mm motors to put in it. It'll just be the Nuke Pro Maxx and the AMW FiberMax.
You should go ahead and bring it with you as last year I had Chuck put out on a PB over the PA system that I needed a 29 mm motor, and a guy from Myrtle Beach just walked up and handed it to me so there is likely going to be somebody that has 10 of them in their range box and would gladly sell you one.

for all of you who have never met me, be sure to come up and introduce yourself, and as you know, I will be in the blue power chair with the 6-ft long nice looking blue rocket. :p
Are you all as pumped up as I am about this?

If I do not have it, we will see if someone has a motor on the field. We will start buying DMS motors for certifications, but we are not there yet.

We had a good launch. Had to cut off at about 1400 because of impending rain. Glad we did. Rough weather at 1500.

Back