JonRocket.com Under New Management

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
(PAYLOADBAY.COM, June 5, 2009) Oviedo, FL --JonRocket.com, an online retailer of model rocket kits and parts, has been acquired by Roger and Bracha Smith of Oviedo, FL.

Roger Smith, maintainer of PayloadBay.com, writes:

My wife, Bracha, and I are pleased to announce that we have acquired JonRocket.com, a direct-sales company supplying model rocket kits and parts from a variety of manufacturers.

036.JPG

John (not Jon) Arthur started JonRocket.com five years ago to offer a "one-stop" site to purchase rocket kits from multiple manufacturers. Under John's stewardship, JonRocket.com has grown into one of the most trusted online sources of model rocket kits and parts.

Bracha and I are committed to continuing the example set by Mr. Arthur.

Our plan is to match John's excellent record of service to JonRocket.com's customers and his commitment to the rocketry community. We intend to continue supporting the National Association of Rocketry's NARTREK program and the JonRocket.com 'Virtual Vendor' program. And we are exploring additional ways we can encourage young people to learn about science and technology through the exciting hobby of model rocketry.

038.JPG

For a short period of time, the JonRocket.com web site will be off-line as it is updated. The new site will offer an improved shopping experience. At first, most of the products previously offered by JonRocket.com will be offered. Over time, we will add new products including some available exclusively through JonRocket.com.

Please be patient as we work on the new web site and re-start the company.

JonRocket.com is a web-based direct retailer of model rocket kits, parts, and supplies. Founded in 2004 by John Arthur, JonRocket.com is now owned and run by Roger and Bracha Smith.

Roger Smith is the creator of PayloadBay.com, a web site dedicated to sport rocketry.

Bracha Smith is a retired educator (and Roger's wife).

Roger and Bracha are members of the Northeast Florida Association of Rocketry (NEFAR) and Rocketry of Orlando's Community Kids (ROCK). They regularly attend NEFAR, ROCK, and other launches in Florida --often accompanied by a four-foot tall, furry, spider-like rocket named "Akavish."

2007-08-11-09-35-36.jpg

Wow, I wasn't expecting you and Bracha to acquire Jon Rocket. It sure is great to hear that you are managing Jon Rocket now. I'm sure that you two will do a great job in continuing John's business. Good luck!

Roger I wish you and your wife the best with the new business and look forward to doing business with you in the near future.

Wow! Serious Deja vu - those images are still on my retina from taking the
pictures. ;)

Congrats again and best of luck!

And I'll be the first to ask- When do you acquire the rights to that
Postal Express from Chris and begin offering it for sale? :roll:

Thanks, everyone. Bracha will be the one handling the orders and doing the most work. I'll be the one wishing I could build every one of the kits. :)

As the press release says, we don't plan to change much at first. He's been successful, so it wouldn't make sense for us to make any dramatic changes. It'll be enough of a challenge to meet the same level of service John provided.

But, over time, we hope to add additional products. And, taking advantage of Bracha's educational background, find more ways to support the use of rockets in education.

We'd especially like to add some products unique to JonRocket. We were already developing a couple of things before the chance to buy JonRocket came up. So, that influenced our decision to buy the company.

-- Roger

And I'll be the first to ask- When do you acquire the rights to that Postal Express from Chris and begin offering it for sale? :roll:

Shhh! That's a secret.

You won't be able to buy the rocket. But, the dog .......

-- Roger

Congratulations. Jonrocket seems to be in excellent hands.'

Best wishes for the future.

Back