JonRocket.com - FOR SALE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juaru5

Reaction score
Hello All,

Lately, I haven't had the time to keep up with JonRocket.com the way it deserves, So........ we're selling out!

You can place your bid here: https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260417677835

For those of you who are wondering: I just don't have time. I have another internet business, run a small insurance agency, attend school full time and have a 12 year old who plays 3 sports and dances, a 6 year old and a 1 year old baby who seems to like to cry!

Today, I got the latest stuff from Custom in stock. I stacked that on top of the boxes that contained the new stuff from Fliskits, Starlight, Mercury, Semroc (2 rounds of releases) and I came to ther realization that I just don't have the time to devote to the business that I used to.

So if you want your own small business - A fun way to make a few thousand bucks per year + get all of your rocket stuff at wholesale (or below) place a bid. I have been profitable for all five years and would be happy to discuss the specifics with those who may have a real interest in purchasing the business.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions you may have.

Also, I'd like to say a BIG THANK YOU to those of you who have supported me through the years. So, THANK YOU.

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Last edited:
So when do the product sales start John? We can help reduce your inventory - no problem!

If a person named Jon buys the business, I will throw in a box of tubes for free!

-John (NOT JON)

I'm sorry to see you go.

you always did right by me.

John,

Bummer to see you go, but I can easily understand. I am *assuming* that you are just leaving the rocketry business and not *rocketry* itself.

Keep us posted. You have been a very strong supporter of FlisKits over the years and it is greatly appreciated.

jim

Sales and shipping will continue as usual until a sale is finalized. As a matter of fact, we have new stuff from a bunch of companies in stock, just not on the site. If there's something you want that you don't see, shoot me an email. I probably have it.

john A

John,

Best of luck to you, and I hope you find a suitable buyer. Also glad to hear you have been profitable. I've always thought your prices were great, and wondered if you made any money, especially with your free shipping offer.

John,
We are very saddened by the loss of JonRocket, you were one of the very first people I met in the rocketry community and you gave Pem Tech a guiding hand and lots of good advice.
You a good man John....

Hope to see you on the flight line sometime.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone. I appreciate it. However, I would like to point out that hopefully someone is going to buy the site and continue the JonRocket.com tradition.

Thanks again,

John

I heard it's going to become: LayneandTrudyPembertonRockets.com :eyepop::eek::y:

Sorry Layne, it's just too easy to go there . . .

Well, I am sad to hear this news. Yours is the only vendor sticker that I have on my rocket storage box (which I take to every launch), as so many vendors are fly-by-night or have spotty service or charge way too much. You have (had?) good prices and great service, and you have been around about as long as I have been flying rockets. That will be missed.

I also really appreciated the support you gave to young rocketeers by rewarding their NARTREK Cadet achievements. I guess my son got in just under the wire and got his Duece's Wild for Skylab. I feel sad that future children won't have this great incentive available to them.

Darn! So sad that you are not going to be at the healm anymore John... You were always my favorite vendor to deal with. I hope the JonRocket tradition will carry on. Best of luck with your family and other occupational (and educational) pursuits. :)

15.5 hours left and the bidding is at $660, not bad at all.

John,

We will miss you. Five years and 163 orders from us! Wow! You have represented us well and we are proud to have had such a great association over the years. I feel like our compnies grew up together.

Best wishes in all your pursuits.

Ya know, I initially thought $1000+ was a bit steep, but for first dibs on inventory at half off, that is a really good deal. For someone with money and/or a job.

John,

Congrats on the sale and thank you so much for the support you have given Suburban Rocketry over the last few years.

Okay, so the question now is - who bought it?!

Come'on fess up!!!

Okay, so the question now is - who bought it?!

Come'on fess up!!!

Well I thought about bidding on it, and I could have paid for the business, but not knowing what the inventory would cost............long story short.. it wasn't me!

Actually I arrived home this evening and have been contacted by the new owner(s).

I've asked to keep it hush for now, but do know that an announcement will happen here Monday at the latest.

I seriously considered it. Long story short, we don't have the storage space (and I probably don't have the time to do it as well as it deserves to be done). Best wishes to the winner.

Back