Jolly Logic and John Beans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
I'm not sure I can express in words how amazed I am by John and the folks at J/L . Without getting into a long winded story , I just wanted to publicly share that I recently had an amazing customer service experience with them and couldn't be happier with the outcome.
STAND UP / FIRST CLASS - ABOVE AND BEYOND - HANDS DOWN the best - you certainly exceeded my expectations !!!
Jolly Logic is AWESOME !!!! :grin::cheers::cheers:

THANK YOU John .

Andy Greene

I just received a Chute Release in the mail and I'm really really impressed by the all-around quality and consideration. Solid construction for sure. Extra pins, tethers, bands, battery came charged. I can even use the box it came in to store and transport between launches. Nice! The first Jolly Logic product I own and won't be the last.

Couldn't agree more. One heck of a nice guy and REALLY awesome products. That chute release is one of the most innovative products I've seen in a while. Can't wait for upcoming items!!

I believe a combo altimeter chute release might be in the works along with perhaps a smaller chute release. There is also the concept of a mesh GPS tracking system he was working on.

I'm cloning an Apogee Aspire. Loved mine from 10 years ago and it survived a G80-10 flight, three F10-8 flights and a bevy of lower powered motors before I lost it on the fourth F10-8 launch.

Going to make a nosecone bay for an EggFinder Mini and though I probably won't be punching it so's not to lose the Mini at first, a smaller chute release would be nice. Yeah, it won't fly as high with the
added weight but will still go to out of sight land for a time. Kurt

I can't recall ever hearing a bad word about John or his awesome products.

One thing that would be nice is if all the Jolly Logic hardware came in a highly visible color, like hot pink. I lost an Altimeter Two when a shock cord broke. Since it was black it wasn't even worth looking for in a harvested corn field. If it was hot pink, or red someone might have eventually spotted it.

John was very helpful with explaining how to integrate acceleration data from his altimeter into velocity for coefficient of drag calculations. He's always patient and concise with his instructions

Apparently at the last Narcon discussed the prospect of a smaller chute release I'm drooling for, for an Apogee Aspire clone that has an EggFinder Mini in a forward payload bay I'm building. They said he touched upon a mesh tracking system that would really almost bring GPS tracking on par with "accuracy to the point of absurdity" parlance. The analogies of putting a transceiver on a tethered balloon or a drone to advance the recovery range is really something. Kurt

I am resurrecting this thread because I just had a fantastic experience with Jolly Logic too. I offered to pay for the repairs to my AltimeterThree and John sent a two-word reply, “My treat.”

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I'm not sure I can express in words how amazed I am by John and the folks at J/L . Without getting into a long winded story , I just wanted to publicly share that I recently had an amazing customer service experience with them and couldn't be happier with the outcome.
STAND UP / FIRST CLASS - ABOVE AND BEYOND - HANDS DOWN the best - you certainly exceeded my expectations !!!
Jolly Logic is AWESOME !!!! :grin::cheers::cheers:

THANK YOU John .

Andy Greene
Yeah the guy and company are legit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

I just sent an altimeter 2 back Friday that got destroyed in a massive lawn dart incident while it was riding in my g Force. I as well got the my treat email. Can’t beat his service or his products. My chute release from jolly Logic is a great product as well!

I believe a combo altimeter chute release might be in the works along with perhaps a smaller chute release. There is also the concept of a mesh GPS tracking system he was working on.

I'm cloning an Apogee Aspire. Loved mine from 10 years ago and it survived a G80-10 flight, three F10-8 flights and a bevy of lower powered motors before I lost it on the fourth F10-8 launch.

Going to make a nosecone bay for an EggFinder Mini and though I probably won't be punching it so's not to lose the Mini at first, a smaller chute release would be nice. Yeah, it won't fly as high with the
Combo CR and Alt???

TAKE. MY. MONEY.

Oh, and if the user could add their info, name and phone number, to some kinda startup screen, that'd be nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Resurrecting this thread as John Beans and JL have done it again. My thoughts are identical to those of the OP: "Without getting into a long winded story , I just wanted to publicly share that I recently had an amazing customer service experience with them and couldn't be happier with the outcome. STAND UP / FIRST CLASS - ABOVE AND BEYOND - HANDS DOWN the best - you certainly exceeded my expectations !!!" Thanks John, JL is easily number 1.

Is this still a thing?

I wish JB would chime in.

I recently emailed Jolly Logic customer service concerning a question I had about the Chute Release. John Beans himself replied. We conversed with me telling him about how many people at CMASS and MMMSC launches use the Chute Release and how happy they are with it. He wanted me to tell you all thanks for your support and give you all a big HELLO.

Not sure how I missed this thread, but it certainly is heartwarming to hear the support.

It has always been my great privilege to help people when I can, and to run a business the way that I wish businesses that I deal with would be run. Life is short, and helping people makes the journey more rewarding. That's probably the best part of this community—folks helping each other. You see it here online, and at every launch.

We do have cool products in the works which I wish were out now, but there were some family issues (the loss of my father, whose footsteps I followed into engineering and who helped with the business, plus my daughter had a serious illness that required a summer of hospitalization). I share this because I know some of you are wondering what the holdup is. Stuff happens to all of us. That's also part of the journey.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Sorry to hear about your loss, John--and the illness of your daughter. You're quite correct to put family first.

I think most rocketeers would agree that your products are well worth the wait, regardless. We'll look forward to seeing what comes out of your workshop whenever time allows you to return to the work.

Thanks, John. There are lots of things that are more important than rocket gizmos. (Even though you make some of the best gizmos in the business.) Priorities.

Hang in there John, thoughts and prayers sent. I'll testify too about your excellent over and above support!

Back