JoJo's first NAR launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJo

Reaction score
YAY im going to my first NAR club launch on saturday, at wich my tlp ALARM will be making it's first appearence (yay). it's called the NOVAAR NAR club ( in case any of you are members there). but i do have one question before i go. the box on my ALARM says it can take an estes D engine(wich fits fine without an adapter) but it wont fit estes E engine (hangs way out the back) so does this mean that aerotech E engines are the same length and diameter as estes D engines or was i supposd to do something diffrent to make it able to fit aerotech E engines.

jojo:

most AT E size engines, SU and reloads are the same size as the estes D....

I am assuming you glued an engine block in the motor mount tube? If so, thats why an estes E that is 3.75 verus 2.75 sticks out so far...

You could try and scrape out that engine block, and sand the area smooth so an E could be fitted..use tape to hold the engine in whether it be estes D, AT E, or Estes E... OR

the Model will still probably be stable even with the Estes E sticking out an inch or so

nah i was just wondering so i don't waste my money on aerotech motors that dont fit. thanks for the info

I know the AT E30 is the same size as a estes D. I don't have a pic.

Also, with a 24/40 reload casing you can put an F in that rocket.

well the first flight of my alarm at the NOVAAR launch at great medow (in case any of you were there) went okay went okay except it lost a fin. i guess i'll pick up a couple of E24's thanks for your help.

I have the TLP AlARM , is this the one with the resin cast nosecone that ways a tone? E's would stick out a few inches or so but I'd say it'd be stable ! Has anyone flew this rocket on a single D before , if so how high does the thing go?
-Karl

Originally posted by Karl
I have the TLP AlARM , is this the one with the resin cast nosecone that ways a tone? E's would stick out a few inches or so but I'd say it'd be stable ! Has anyone flew this rocket on a single D before , if so how high does the thing go?
-Karl

i did. it wasn't very high but it was okay

Originally posted by Karl
-Karl

TLP Alarm doesn't have a cast resin nose cone. I have to check, but I don't think I've ever flown mine on a D.

Sorry I've just checked the instructions , mine's the Physics Of Flight ALARM. And it weighs 8oz dry.
-Karl

Back