Joining the Deuce Club

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose_in_co

Reaction score
Has TRF thought abought a Deuce Forum?????

I thought that I should "Join the Club" and post pics of my Deuce.

Here it is prepped for flight

deuce on floor email.jpg

And here it is on the pad, ready to go.

I tried to get a picture of the launch, but all I got was smoke....

Gotta keep trying.

I also have my order in for a TRES... and a Spitfire and.....

Just Love those FlisKits!

deuce on pad email.jpg

Thats a nice Deuce Goose...sorry, it was there and I had to take it:D :D

Seriously though, she is a beaut. and you've done a great job on it. That Deuce needs a hair trigger camera, good timing, and a fast shutter speed.

Johnnie Paul

great looking Deuce (johnnie, yep yer right, if you hadn't *taken* it, I would have ... LOL)

as for a Deuce Forum, man there's been a couple of discussions about that... :p

jim

Originally posted by jflis
great looking Deuce (johnnie, yep yer right, if you hadn't *taken* it, I would have ... LOL)

as for a Deuce Forum, man there's been a couple of discussions about that... :p

jim

There's also been discussion regarding an online virtual Deuce shrine where people can contribute *anything* Deuce related - poems, artwork, photos, etc....(actually, I just made that up!) {whisper mode on} ...if you build it, they will come... {/whisper mode off} :D

Very nice Deuce! We're glad you're a part of this madness. I wasn't sure if you had mentioned that you had flown one yet or not. I assure you your purchase will be reaffirmed when those motors ignite! If no one is present, feel free to giggle like a little boy. :D

The one and only Deuce I saw fly, flew perfectly straight. The reaction from the crowd was "wow, there was no spin at all..." I also noticed on the TDD thumbnail page that there was a pic of a Deuce that had only one motor light, and the caption said it flew straight, and recovered perfectly...Like the B17, the Deuce could be a little "Stratofortress"

Johnnie Paul

Thanks Guys!

It is one of my favorites.

Here is the launch picture... I just hate those PHD cameras that
think too much for you, I am never quite sure when the shutter will snap, and in this case I missed.

Yeah, Duece's are so cool!! I will be starting my own very soon.

Just making a guess here, Goose. But, would happen to be a Rio Grande Southern fan? ;)

Regards,
Todd

Originally posted by Goose_in_CO
Has TRF thought abought a Deuce Forum?????

I don't know about a Deuce Forum, but a group similar to AA needs to be formed......DA for Deuce's Anonymous or FA Fliskits Anonymous

Just making a guess here, Goose. But, would happen to be a Rio Grande Southern fan?

Todd,

Why would you think that? I would have painted the rocket Orange and Black with speed lettering.... :D

Actually I am an ATSF Fan, with my Modeling in HO Scale.

Goose is actually a nickmane that I was stuck with years ago, and has no bearing on the Galloping Geese that are here in Colorado, on the RGS, or DRG&W.

Goose

Goose,

Well, I guess ATSF is ok ;). I am a narrow gauger myself. Specifically in Southwestern Colorado where I grew up. So, I'm a D&RGW and RGS guy at heart :)

Hmmm... a Deuce in Black & Orange with speed lettering.... I like it :D

Regards,
Todd

Back