Quantcast

Joined NAR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

mjennings

Reaction score
So I finally had the spare cash to join NAR, and I was going through the info packet today and saw in the insurance exclusions the following:
Alcoholic beverages - well that makes sense
Assaults and Battery - again makes sense
Sexual abuse - more sense
Nuclear accidents- Does anyone know why this is in here? Seems like a strange thing to list. Plus who would be left to make the claim?

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Drat. There goes my planned plutonium research motor...;)

sylvie369

Reaction score
Nuclear accidents- Does anyone know why this is in here? Seems like a strange thing to list. Plus who would be left to make the claim?
I guess you'll have to come to NSL 2009 to find out.

MysticalRockets

Reaction score

Rats, they found my stash. I gotta get a better hiding place.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline, Potent
Reaction score
I think that's a pretty typical exclusion on insurance policies.

I believe my homeowners has the same thing listed.

-Kevin

billspad

Reaction score
I think that's a pretty typical exclusion on insurance policies.

I believe my homeowners has the same thing listed.

-Kevin

The liability policy for my business also lists it. Had to get rid of the nuclear drain cleaner.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
Well, they have a city ordinance in the little town in California I am originally from that makes detonating a nuclear device downtown illegal!:y: Ruined all my fun I was going to have that 4th of July!:mad:

dave carver

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Reaction score
Dang!!! Tracking from FedEx says my Illudium Q-37 Space Modulator was due here Tuesday.

Guess I'd better send it back to ACME.....:p

chanstevens

Reaction score
Not as hard as you might think if you have the right strategy and a little luck.

Congrats on joining the NAR, by the way. Next step--making sure you hook yourself up with a good section/local club.

Bazookadale

Reaction score
Not as hard as you might think if you have the right strategy and a little luck.

Congrats on joining the NAR, by the way. Next step--making sure you hook yourself up with a good section/local club.
We BEGGED Dad to build a fallout shelter in 1962! -He said no one would bomb Elizabethtown PA - so far he's been right.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Congrats on becoming a member of NAR!

Only another 499 new members and we can get 12 issues of Sport Rocketry a year, instead of six! LOL!

mjennings

Reaction score
Troy - Yeah I bought the last issue of Sport Rocketry, and said well I did my part!

Chan - I've been flying with Spaceport Rocketry Association for almost 2.5 years now, and I need to get in to Orlando and check out a ROCK launch in the near future.

Everyone - thanks for the laughs and the info that it is in most general insurance policies.

MarkH

---
Reaction score
Congrats on becoming a member of NAR!

Only another 499 new members and we can get 12 issues of Sport Rocketry a year, instead of six! LOL!
Yeah, well I joined around the end of December and am # 88959. That's almost 100 new members / month on avg. since then. Just need to get 100% renewals:)