Join, or Die. A good idea?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddyisabar

Oddroc scum. Mindsimmer.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
1624667180802.png
Albany Congress 1754. Not a topic you would expect much from when chatting nine to the dozen down at the pub with hardened
rocket scientists. Unless one might be thinking of creating an oddroc based on the famous graphic. After flying Crazy Train this Summer I think a canted tractor motored serpent rocket might just be the ticket to scare all the French and Indians away. An RSO frightening machine incorporating segmented body tubes, telescoping tubes, maybe a central metal launch lug and definitely some sort of forked tongue. Such sorcery has been rumored in far away India and could be brought to bear if the Colonists would unite against the hostile Indians and silly French. It will be a great excuse to launch fireworks every July 11th to celebrate the end of the Congress. Ben is working on a safe, electrical launch system for the club! No stinking fuses! Just need the right formula for the black powder mix and compress it real hard. Most importantly, the motors will be up front where they should be. The pendulum theory has ruled for hundreds of years and will continue to do so. Colonial rocketeering will save the day! Join, or Die, a good idea? Aye!
20210604_091836_001.jpg

Can you combine it with break away recovery, with a burn string that allows separation of previously tightly segmented components into loosely connect high drag components?

Can you combine it with break away recovery, with a burn string that allows separation of previously tightly segmented components into loosely connect high drag components?
Depends on the outcome of the mindsim. Crazy Train has a good squiggly serpent flight profile. Telescopic Jack in the Box is higher drag. If I make the Southern Colonies Telescopic, then Join or Die might loose some of the desired squiggly flight characteristics. But might need Telescopic action to fit on the pad with all 11 Colonies! Added mind sim complexity will arrive if I decide to include a rattle (Georgia) and somehow seperate Delaware from Pennsylvania to make 13 Colonies. Good history or good rocket science? Do I include the Virginia loop or just make it kinky? Do I speak with forked tougne?20210604_102341.jpg

Back