Johnny Star Commander build thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always an absolute joy to see your imagination take place in 3D. the Shrox Rox!

The first one was flown about four times before disappearing south of Phoenix, probably in a wash somewhere. I thought people might like seeing one being put together.

It's cool that you are doing a Build Thread on a Rocket that you offer. I'll bet the Pressure is on to make it ultra perfect, since it would be funny if someone was to outbuild you with your own Rocket. Looks like an awesome Rocket so far. Will we get to see you launch it too? That would be cool.

Nobody does it better ,bravo Shrox !

I see these beauties in my stable very soon !

All the best of success to you sir !

Paul T

shrox, When will the Javinox begin to sell? Awsome design

This design looks so wicked I just had to run off and order one for myself!!

BTW, is there an rocksim/openrockets file for the JSC?

Pretty sure there's no way OR can handle the complex fin and scoop geometries.

Hmmm.. while waiting for mine to arrive I found this page: https://www.shrockets.com/inthebag01.html which says the balsa won't be pre-cut. I was hoping to get a .DXF of the fins so that I could take it to my local makerspace and get them laser cut myself.

I need to get the red on it!

Cool. So, after you put the red on it, you should get a latex kaiju suite, and make some movie clips with Johnny Star Commander engaging the creature in battle. Show Guillermo del Toro how Pacific Rim should have been!

Cool. So, after you put the red on it, you should get a latex kaiju suite, and make some movie clips with Johnny Star Commander engaging the creature in battle. Show Guillermo del Toro how Pacific Rim should have been!

Awesome Himitsu! I love Japanese Monster Movies!

Awesome Himitsu! I love Japanese Monster Movies!

We have similar taste!

Wait. I could get a Johnny Star Commander, and a latex suite, and do the clip myself. Except that shrockets.com shows everything as sold out! What's with that?

On the other hand, I could forget the latex suite, and just shoot the clip with me in it. The Space Giants vs Johnny Star Commander. Of course, we all know how that'll end. This would be the last thing Johnny Star Commander ever sees...

arkiv_goldar03.jpg

On the other hand, I could forget the latex suite, and just shoot the clip with me in it. The Space Giants vs Johnny Star Commander. Of course, we all know how that'll end. This would be the last thing Johnny Star Commander ever sees...

View attachment 156533

Goodness Gratious! Are you like a Super Hero or something? No Offense intended, as I respect all Rocketeers Equally, but you seem to have created your own Character.
If I was a Character I would be a Dalek.

Goodness Gratious! Are you like a Super Hero or something? No Offense intended, as I respect all Rocketeers Equally, but you seem to have created your own Character.

Not a super hero, more like an ends-justifies-the-means type of character. Here's a clip of him stealing a camera from a young boy.

[video=youtube;flGn7l1ELfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flGn7l1ELfg[/video]

I wouldn't judge too harshly, though. After all, you wish to be a Dalek, the evil prefiguration of R2D2.

I am not a superhero, but I am X-Men.

I am not a superhero, but I am X-Men.

Cool. So, what's your mutant power? To morph wood and paper into various airframes, yes? However, it looks like you may not have the power to apply paint in cold and damp weather. Maybe your associate, Storm, could help?

(or is she to blame for this current weather pattern?--you should probably apologize)

Back