Johnny Star Commander build thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is my zombie tree. i haven't seen any leaves on it in two years, but the groundskeeper insists it's still alive and just fine...

Shrox, I appreciate you showing how the rocket goes together. I am going to start on a Johnny Star Commander this winter. Any advice on the red wing and fin stripes? The masking looks to be a little tricky; it'll be my first complicated masking attempt. Thanks.

Shrox, I appreciate you showing how the rocket goes together. I am going to start on a Johnny Star Commander this winter. Any advice on the red wing and fin stripes? The masking looks to be a little tricky; it'll be my first complicated masking attempt. Thanks.
Shrox is not on this forum anymore. He occasionally pops in on YORF.

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, though. Didn't know that Shrox did any build threads here. Johnny Star Commander is a fantastic looking rocket (like most of his designs).

Four Shrox designs did make it to kit form (finally)! Including the JSC.
You can see them on the Apogee website under "Shrockets by Apogee".
Unfortunately the Javinox did not make it. Reminds me of an F-104 Starfighter.
For a while Shrox was selling the plan packs on his own site. That's where I picked up the Skonk Wulf plans and decals.
A LOT cheaper than buying the kit. I guess Apogee now has the licensing rights.
Laters.

Yes, Apogee is where I got the Johnny Star Commander kit from. I've got a couple more of his kits on my wish list, might pick up some more after the holidays.

Sorry for the necropost, but I was looking at getting paint to go with the kit and figured I should go and see if there were any build threads. :)

Back