John Fogerty

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Took my 16-yr old son to see the show the other night. Never had the pleasure to see CCR in concert - but I feel like I have now. I'm sure Revisited puts on a great show, but...

Anyway - just a quick note to say if you are a fan of Mr. Fogerty or Creedence, and he's coming to a town near you - you shouldn't miss this one. I'm sure most anybody else who's seen this latest tour would agree.

S..

CCR was one of my favorite bands, it would be cool to see him in concert for sure. We were in Reno this past summer and could have seen him, but my son lacked my enthusiasm :(

Originally posted by rstaff3
CCR was one of my favorite bands, it would be cool to see him in concert for sure. We were in Reno this past summer and could have seen him, but my son lacked my enthusiasm :(

No shortage of enthusiasm in the auditorium - that's for sure. :) Interesting to observe this, ahem... older crowd in it's native environment (after proper lubrication, of course). I asked a buddy of mine (who had seen an earlier performance on the same tour) before the show started - "Is this gonna be a sit-down, or a stand-up?" He said: "I don't know, man. There's a bunch of arthritis on this room".

I thought it was funny.

S..

I saw him in San Diego, CA in August of 1998 (give me a bit to dig out the ticket stub and I'll give you the exact date.)

I saw the tour that supported his album "Blue Moon Swamp" - whcih, incidentally, is a *wonderful* album. Get it. Love it. GREATNESS!

Anyway - I'd never seen CCR or any other post-lawsuit incarnation in concert. JF did it all. What a wonderful, unbelievavle, unforgetable time!

Seriously - for anyone out there who has a *minor* appreciation for CCR, get "Blue Moon Swamp" and grow to love Mr. Fogerty for the genius he is.

So Steve: Did anyone in the place get excited when he broke out the "Midnight Special"? ;)

Blue Moon Swamp is indeed great. The same enough to be reminiscent of the good ol' days, yet new enough to be refreshing.

Indeed! There *is* a reason that it won the Grammy for "Album of the Year." And for a change, that reason is that it is entirely enjoyable, meaningful, and playable. Genius!

Geesh that's a hard one. I'd probably say Bayou Country. They are all great. Overall their last album together wasn't as great but I still liked it. They were one of my 2 or 3 favorite bands back then.

Saw JF along with Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band at two of the VFC concerts in October... simply awesome.

John Fogerty, if nothing else, is like the big brother Bruce Springsteen never had. To hear them double up on "Fortunate Son," "Promised Land" and "Centerfield" was incredible.

P.S. "Creedence Clearwater Revisited" has little or nothing to do with the original CCR. It would be like going to see a group made up of Pete Best, Jimmy Nicol and David Lee Roth calling themselves the "Original Beetles."

:rolleyes:

My fave CCR LP (for you kids that's vinyl) is Cosmos Factory. Yes I have replaced it with a CD.The 3 chord progression in Ramble Tamble that just seems to go forever is hypnotic and gets really tense and just when you think it'll never end it breaks back into the fast part again. Then ya got Travellin Band and several other huge hits not a bad song on the album IMHO as well as their version of "I heard it through the Grapevine" and it all ends with the mellow optimistic "Long as I can see the Light". Also the cover shot is just great of them in their rehearsal space with their equipment. I only saw JF live at a soundcheck for the Letterman show when he appeared for Full Moon Swamp and played "Walkin' in a Hurricane". A CCR memory that stays with me is when the kid next door returned from Vietnam there was a party for him in the backyard. I can still see the WELCOME HOME RONNIE banner on the front of the house and the flat tan Corvair in the driveway. Pendulum had just come out and was playing on the JC Penny three piece stereo. Well Ronnie's dad was so proud of him and Ronnie was just aghast from what he had returned from and wanted no part of the Hero party thing. Him and his dad got in a huge fight much to the horror of all of us neighbors. Deja Vu All Over again...indeed.
I really admire artists who continue to put out quality material long after they've had their heyday...okay so Eye of the Zombie was a little flat. "Blue Ridge Rangers" is on my holiday want list. Hey I'm gonna give Full Moon Swamp a spin today. I heard that "CC Revisited" had Elliot Easton from the Cars on guitar at one point. Interesting. okay you guys know better than to get me going on a musical topic...thanks...this is a good one.

Andy

Originally posted by Fore Check

So Steve: Did anyone in the place get excited when he broke out the "Midnight Special"? ;)

Sadly, that was one he didn't play.:( But everyone in the place was excited with whatever they played. It's really hard to say if there was really a crowd favorite - 'Proud Mary' and 'Bad Moon Rising' were the ones he did for the encore, and the crowd was pretty fired up for those two... What stands out for me was 'Heard It Through the Grapevine'. I've heard it a million times - but it sounded great done live. (Along with all the other ones, of course).

S..

Back