JL Altimeter 3 Issues

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ccolvin968

Reaction score
Has anybody had the issue before with their Altimeter 3 connecting then disconnecting from their phone every second or two? It's a constant connect/disconnect and it is this way between an iPad, HTC 10, and the new Galaxy S9+. The altimeter has not had any sort of overly violent flight or landing.

I've not reached out to JL either to see what they think... Checking here first for fixes.

Thanks!

It might be a good idea to give John at JL the Android version as well....

My experience is almost all with iOS. In general un-pairing or “forgetting the device” and then redoing it has solved odd connection problems for me in that context.

We've seen this before. It happens when the pairing isn't quite right, and one of the two devices (your phone, the altimeter) has the wrong security keys for the other device. So the two devices start to talk (and they show connected), the the keys fail, then disconnect. And so on.

The solution is to re-do the pairing VERY CAREFULLY, including the exact order of steps (especially clicking the altimeter button to accept the pairing BEFORE you okay it on the phone).

Full instructions here for both Apple and Android

Back