JL Alt-2 Issues

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powderman

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm fairly new. I just got a Jolly Logic ALT-2 from buyrocketmotors.com(great service, BTW).
Has anyone had issues with their Jolly Logic Altimeter 2's? I ran one on two flights tonight and didn't get a thing off of either one. I think there could be a short in it. The battery will go from 100% to 70% to 34% and then back again. Both flight I set it LAUNCH and then it said READY. Is it just me that this is happening to? The second flight was a PML IO on a H128W...I am really bummed I don't have any flight info from it.

Powderman

Hey Powderman - Was it a windy day out when you flew? Some altimeters get triggered while you inserting them into the body tube by the wind. I've triggered one after opening the nose cone after looking back inside to make sure the Chute Release was powered on (and tethered!)

Scott,
No, it wasn't windy at all. Near perfect evening for launching. Since posting I emailed Jolly Logic and got a very quick response back.
They are sending me a replacement and prepaid label to ship back the defective unit. Very impressed with the communication and service so far.

Powderman

A quick update -

John at Jolly Logic responded to an email I sent. I had a replacement unit and a prepaid shipping label in my mailbox on Friday.
Saturday night I was able to put up the Alt-2 and a Chute Release with great success. Thank you again to John at Jolly Logic for great products and great customer service.

Powderman

Back