Jim Flis Day at S.E.A.R.S.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaneKG

Reaction score
In recognition to Jim’s contributions to model rocketry we are having a Jim Flis Day Event at the March 1st SEARS launch in Samson, AL. Fly any Fliskit or upscale of his kits and you will be entered to win Fliskits donated by Jim. There will be as many winners as there are FlisKit donated items. We will also have a mass launch of Fliskits (for 1/8 rods).

We have had a lot of fun with Fliskits especially the Deuce's Wild.

Thanks Jim.

Greg​

Too cool! How many Deuces did you launch in those pictures? Have fun Saturday!

I count 20 either launched or still on the pad in the first picture but only 12 in the air on the second,:surprised: either:cool:r way it looks Kewl.

Yes what Rocket Junkie said.

mass_group_small.sized.jpg

Greg

Wait a minute here! This is really important stuff.
Is there a missing Deuce? I count 13 coming off the pads,
But I only count 12 in the air? Where is that missing Deuce.
Won't be able to sleep tonight unless I find out!

And Tom Binford's Deuce 54 is a spectacular sight when it goes up! Especially on a pair of skids! :cool:

Nice new signature there Cliff.

Congrats on the Level 3!

Maybe I will join you someday.... I better get my kids through college first!

Jim Flis Day and a mass launch of Deuces -> Both very cool.

We are fortunate to have Jim Flis in person at many of our CMASS launches.

:cool: If it's Jim Flis day doesn't that mean we have to elect him president or something? :cool:

That was actually the second time we had a mass launch of Deuces.
The first was a dozen Deuces. We did not have the 24 rod mass launcher at the time.

JimFlisDay.sized.jpg

Jim,

We at SEARS enjoyed launching Fliskits at our March 1st launch. There were 25 Fliskit or upscale launches in all. I had not seen the Decaffinator or the Frick & Frack before. Both are very impressive and will make excellent demo rockets. Thanks for the great Fliskit products and thanks for being an advocate and innovator for rocketry education.

There are more pictures here and a video of the mass launch here.

Greg

JimFlisDay.sized.jpg

Jim,

We at SEARS enjoyed launching Fliskits at our March 1st launch. There were 25 Fliskit or upscale launches in all. I had not seen the Decaffinator or the Frick & Frack before. Both are very impressive and will make excellent demo rockets. Thanks for the great Fliskit products and thanks for being an advocate and innovator for rocketry education.

There are more pictures here and a video of the mass launch here.

Greg

You know, I couldn't be more thrilled. Truly, I thank you for the honor of having a launch in my name. Who'd'a thunk it? :)

I will be putting a link to that photo album on our site. Heck of a way for me to start this, the 50th anniversary of our hobby :)

What can I say. I'm beside myself here...

tanks!

Jim Flis Day and a mass launch of Deuces -> Both very cool.

We are fortunate to have Jim Flis in person at many of our CMASS launches.

:cool: If it's Jim Flis day doesn't that mean we have to elect him president or something? :cool:
I don't know... maybe it's a parallel to Guy Fawkes Day in Great Britain? (Did I spell that right?)

Nawwww, if we elect him president we'd have to wait until he's dead to hold Jim Flis Day.

Congrats on the honor, Jim. That's one really cool pic.

Back