• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Jim Ball "Yellowjacket Hornet" launch pad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddiejojo

Reaction score
Because of professional changes, I am selling off my rocketry equipment. One of the most impressive items is my once used (one rocket), launch pad, professionally made by Jim Ball of Yellow Jacket Launch Pads in the mid 2000's. This was his largest product. Because my time was taken up by working for Giant Leap Rocketry, 2000-2016, unfortunately, I flew only minimally.

The pad weighs 153lbs, stands 51" folded and 35" open with a span of 100". I cannot express how well made and smooth operating this unit is with pillow-block bearings, adjustable leg levelers, head angle adjustment. head rotation, tilt capability and powder coated finish. All the knobs are steel, not plastic and the blast deflector is 3/16" stainless steel. The minimal rust evident is caused by simple humidity changes (spring, summer, fall, winter), in my steel shed where I keep my cars and workshop. It has never been rained on.

I will sell it for $600, firm, the same price I paid for it. All the raw materials involved would be that price now. Also, I will include in that price, three-six foot Black Sky launch rails with joiners capable of making an eighteen foot reinforced unit. The rails are not for sale separately.

If necessary, I will deliver to the Argonia launch site or it can be picked up where I live, Arlington, Kansas. I will not ship.

Please advise if this would be of interest, and/or advise of others who this might be interested.

Thank you,

Kent Burnett
11710 South Fairview Road
Arlington, Kansas 67514

(620) 727-0045
[email protected]IMG_2767.jpgIMG_2766.jpgIMG_2775.jpgIMG_2774.jpgIMG_2775.jpgIMG_2768.jpgIMG_2770.jpgIMG_2773.jpgIMG_2781.jpgIMG_2771.jpg

If you've never seen one in person, these are amazing launch pads. I have one of each of the two smaller size pads that Jim made.

This is an absolute work of art - I've never seen another pad that's comparable, in my opinion.

-Kevin

Beautiful pad. Grab it quick. Hesitate and it will be gone.

If you've never seen one in person, these are amazing launch pads. I have one of each of the two smaller size pads that Jim made.

This is an absolute work of art - I've never seen another pad that's comparable, in my opinion.

-Kevin
thank you Kevin, I hope we cross paths again some day.

Has your launch pad sold?
Does it fit a 1010 or 1515 rail?
I cannot answer the first question, but the answer to your second question is that a piece of steel rod is usually attached to a 1010 or 1515 rail in order to adapt it to fit into the vertical tube on the launch pad. He already said that it comes with some pieces of Black Sky rail. These accept standard rail buttons that also fit 1010 rail.

I cannot answer the first question, but the answer to your second question is that a piece of steel rod is usually attached to a 1010 or 1515 rail in order to adapt it to fit into the vertical tube on the launch pad. He already said that it comes with some pieces of Black Sky rail. These accept standard rail buttons that also fit 1010 rail.
Thank you for the info Steve

Frack! I need a motor home! I'm always living in the wrong place.
+1 on these units, grab it before I do something even more stupid than I am normally known for.

Back