Jarts - Old School Lawn Dart

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakeroadster

When in doubt... build hell-for-stout!
Reaction score
Seems like building these as a group project, then launching them (with rear eject parachutes) and seeing who get's closest to the ring would be retro cool.

Simple BT-50 design with wood nose cone and a 12" chute. Could easily make the front dowel removable, or spring loaded, if it makes ya nervous.

The rear eject adds to the nose down vibe at recovery.

2023-03-23 Jarts Photo Studio.jpg 2023-03-23 Jart Simulation.jpg

My version from 2018. I had lots of trouble with ejection charges over pressurizing the rocket, likely due to the 24mm tube to 13mm transition. I eventually drilled a few pressure relief holes and then burnt through the shock cord, so the nosecone went away. I still have a couple of the nosecones that were the prototypes for what I planned to be a production kit. Gave up on rocket kit production, though.

Sandy.

Attachments

• IMG_8637.JPG
    IMG_8637.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
My version from 2018. I had lots of trouble with ejection charges over pressurizing the rocket, likely due to the 24mm tube to 13mm transition. I eventually drilled a few pressure relief holes and then burnt through the shock cord, so the nosecone went away. I still have a couple of the nosecones that were the prototypes for what I planned to be a production kit. Gave up on rocket kit production, though.

Sandy.
Looks good. was it 24mm powered or 18mm?

Looks good. was it 24mm powered or 18mm?
99% sure it was 18mm, but I'll check. The difficulty for me was effectively packing the streamer in the 13mm tube, along with the over-pressurization. I think the aesthetics were pretty good, though, as it looked like the fin can would slide like the real Jarts. It didn't, but I bet it would have looked good when painted.

Can't wait to see yours!

Sandy.

Back