January Best Rocket Competition-LPR - OPEN

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
So, here we are..The 1st of January..Time for a little fun contest! :) I haven't lined up any sponsors as of yet so this one is purely for bragging rights! So here is the same spiel as before(make sure you see the PRIZE section!)

This is the official location of The Rocketry Forum Best Rocket Competition. This is a monthly event to show off your "stuff" and find out who has THE BEST ROCKET OF THE MONTH! When entering, make sure you follow the criteria listed below and you will do fine. From the 21st(or there about) until the end of the month we'll be polling to see who should win the Best Rocket Competition.

Double check to make sure you entering in the correct 'power level' thread! Only ONE entry per person per month(no entering BOTH LPR and MPR/HPR in a single given month!). The thread titles will reflect the power level: XXX Best Rocket Competition LPR or XXX Best Rocket Competition MPR/HPR.

Da Rulez

1. Header of picture should include, name, what kit or was it custom, LPR, MPR or HPR. Example: LPR Estes Hijinx..Put this in the 'title' block when posting.
2. A BRIEF description of rocket details. Anything that would make it apparent to somebody that yours is THE BEST.
3. Only ONE entry per month.
4. Please no extended off topic conversations.
5. Rockets made at any period of time may be used.Rocket needs to be in your possession/fleet at the time of the competition!
5A. Rockets entered MUST have at least one successful flight. Not simulated, but real world flying through the sky type..with successful recovery.
5b. If proof of a successful flight is documented and the rocket suffers a loss in a subsequent flight, it is still eligible for consideration and will be judged in the 'prior to loss' state.
6. Rocket may be entered into the current months competition only ONCE! Rocket may be entered into a following months competition if it fits the given category.
7. If there is a monthly specified type of contest (such as red, white and blue themed), you can only enter rockets that are applicable.
8. Entries will be taken first 3 weeks of month and after the 21st of every month the contest closes.
9. The last week of the month we will be polling on who should win in each class.
10. Winners get bragging rights for a month!
11. Rockets that have won a BRM(Best Rocket of Month) are ineligible to enter.

Theme
ANYTHING! As long as it is low power..Up to 'F' class...

So, show us your awesome builds!

Remember detail, details, details! So don't be shy, include extra photos of the little bits that make YOUR model extra special!
If you entry is a kit, let us know who's kit it is!

PRIZE(S)

EDIT: Well, Layne is so awesomely going to sponsor the contest for January!:wave: And the prize is ANY LPR kit! Is that great or what?

So, let's get those entries in!

Last edited:
So, here we are..The 1st of January..Time for a little fun contest! :) I haven't lined up any sponsors as of yet so this one is purely for bragging rights! So here is the same spiel as before(make sure you see the PRIZE section!)

We'll toss in an LPR kit as a prize.

Also, is MMX legal in this context?

Way to step up Layne :clap:

I think micromaxx would count, it is low power.

I'm trying to think of something. So far I've got a 24mm nosecone, and no body tube. I've got a crazy design idea in my head, so minimum diameter might be acceptable.

Braden

We'll toss in an LPR kit as a prize.

Also, is MMX legal in this context?

WOW! Thank you so much Layne!:happydeer:

And yes MMX entries are MORE then welcome! :D

If you don't enter at least go to Pemberton Tech and check out all the mega cool kits! AND BUY ONE OR THREE!:smile: I know as soon as Wednesday comes and I do some number crunching I plan on getting a Screamin Green Meanie(shoot, I have sent one out the last 2 Secret Santas I might as well get on for me too!:cool2:)

So lets see some rockets! ;)

Okay, let me get the ball rolling here!

May I have the privilege to introduce to you my Trois-Duex! It is composed of 3 stacked Dueces Wild motor mounts, a 13mm, 18mm and 24mm..Here in it's pristine condition
NoName038.jpg

I have had numerous flights with this rocket..A couple of not so good recoveries..The upper tube has been recently replaced and the upper section is now solid purple..
Here is how I wire up all 6 motors..So far 100% successful ignition of all motors on all flights.
Jan2009Launch019.jpg

And a freeze frame from the maiden launch!
TroisDuex_08.jpg

Theres gota be a bunch of SS builds that can fit this contest I would think?????

Here's my submission for rocket of the month. It's my scratch built Tomahawk Cruise Missle. Hope you like it as much as I have. I have successfully launched this rocket on G and F motors.

I have wanted to post in this forum but I keep forgetting to.:rolleyes:
Ladies and Gentlemen for your viewing pleasure is my scratch built, 1/48 scale
A-7 Corsair II Jet Rocket in U.S. Navy colors.

Designed and built in the fall of 2009, completed in March of 2010. First flown on March, 3rd, 2010 using an Estes A8-3. Perfect launch and touchdown was ten feet from the launch pad.
Second launch I used a B6-4, again perfect launch and touchdown.
Third launch of the day I used a C6-3. A perfect launch again, but at about 300 feet, it went horizonital and flew like a jet and then climbed again! It landed about 500 ft away from the launch pad. No damage.
It was determined that it need a little bit more of nose weight for a C6-3 motor..Approximatly 1 oz. (30 grams) I had less than 3/4 of an ounce in the nose.
I added more nose weight, .85 oz, a tad more than 3/4 of an ounce.
I spent the next two weeks(March,2010) painting, adding decals and ordance.
I have flown this model so many times I've lost count, but the videos can be seen in this thread.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=9948

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49YcCPhehHo

Rocket projects 001.jpg

Rocket projects 002.jpg

Rocket projects 003.jpg

CMASS 10-23-10 A-7 Corsair II.jpg

rocket launch 10-02-10 015.jpg

Last edited:

And as a bonus, it does a strafing run above the spectators....
:p

Designed and built in the fall of 2009, completed in March of 2010. First flown on March, 3rd, 2010 using an Estes A8-3. Perfect launch and touchdown was ten feet from the launch pad.
Second launch I used a B6-4, again perfect launch and touchdown.
Third launch of the day I used a C6-3. A perfect launch again, but at about 300 feet, it went horizonital and flew like a jet and then climbed again! It landed about 500 ft away from the launch pad. No damage.
It was determined that it need a little bit more of nose weight for a C6-3 motor..Approximatly 1 oz. (30 grams) I had less than 3/4 of an ounce in the nose.
I added more nose weight, .85 oz, a tad more than 3/4 of an ounce.
I spent the next two weeks(March,2010) painting, adding decals and ordance.
I have flown this model so many times I've lost count, but the videos can be seen in this thread.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=9948

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49YcCPhehHo

Its another beauty. I'd like to copy this post to the gallery if I may

Here's my submission for rocket of the month. It's my scratch built Tomahawk Cruise Missle. Hope you like it as much as I have. I have successfully launched this rocket on G and F motors.

I'd like permission to put this one in the gallery as well.

Glad to see some more submissions to the contest! The more the merrier! :)

Just a heads up that submission period ends Friday at midnight EST(or when I get home from work, whichever is later)..

Let's see some more rockets! :D

Another reminder to go visit our sponsor Pemberton Technologies and scope out what LPR kit you want as your prize! While there, lay down some jingle and make Layne's day a little brighter! ;)

Here is my Flis Kits Lil Guy. I painted this in the NERRF motif and I also used the more complex fins where te the leading and trailing edged are curved. The picture here shows it on a B6-4 in August of 2010 at Acton, MA. The picture was taken by Jim Flis.

Lil Guy.jpg

Entry period has now officially closed! ;)

Poll to be posted momentarily! Thanks to all who entered, and MEGA thanks to Layne for graciously sponsoring this months competition!:wave:

Back