JAN / FEB 2004 Sport Rocketry Issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
I just got the lastest issue of Sport Rocketry....... I "think" there is someone we know on the cover....... He's loading a deuce on a pad......... Looks like a orange and black duece......

I also found that the "Rocket New & New Products" had a review of the lastest FlisKits............

It wasn't long ago that we had some TRF members in another issue of SR.........

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4142&highlight=sport+rocketry

The previous isue November/December had Carl, Jim Flis, Airforce (well the top of Randy's head anyway!) and me in it at NARAM.

Did I miss anybody...Nobody was wearing a TRF badge...'cept ME! So I couldn't tell.

sandman

ya know, I look through the WHOLE thing, but it took Kathy to notice the cover photo LOL

I need to get more Manufacts submitted too.

Also, you may not be aware, Sport Rocketry will be going Black & White for the next few issues...

Haven't had a chance to read it all, but hope too soon

Could you scan the cover page as we don't get the mag here in Germany.

For those of you that have gotten this issue........ Turn to Page 13..... Can someone explain what the "all-thread" does???? What function does it have for the fin can?

Originally posted by jflis

Also, you may not be aware, Sport Rocketry will be going Black & White for the next few issues...

:confused: :confused: :confused: All black & white? Really? :(

I think All thread rods are just rods that have threads running down their whole length.

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
I think All thread rods are just rods that have threads running down their whole length.

Yea I have used the all-thread on my electronics bay....... I have my electronics sled that slides into the bay on the all-threads...... In this picture, the all-thread is on the fin can......... I don't know what their function is there................

I haven't received the issue yet, nor have I seen the picture, but I have seen some who use all thread sticking out of the aft end as motor retention. Put the motor in, and it is held in by threading a nut and washer over the exposed all thread.

Randy,

All-Thread is used on L3 sized birds to provide additional strength to the model. It locks the framework together, which assists with ease of the assembly. It also distributes the thrust of the motor evenly up through the frame rather than only on the rear plate. Moreover, it provides an anchor point to the upper bulkhead, where the shockcord attaches. With the added weight a Level 3 projects has, you cannot mearly glue the bulkhead to the bodytube as it could be ripped right out upon ejection. For this reason, the bulkhead is attached to the very top part of the All-thread so it is fully supported.

I use them on all my Level 3 projects as it provides me with better piece of mind on the structural integrity of the model. I also make sure I design my L3 rockets with an internal framework structure from bottom to top. This does not mean all thread is used throughout the rocket, but rather the rocket is designed so it supports itself internally, using the outer body tube just as a skin.

Carl

Allthread is a hardware item comes in many sizess and materials. Brass, bronze and stainless steel in 00/90" (diameter/threads per inch) to 3/4-9", in plated steel #2/56" to 3/4-9". Nylon, Delron and ceramic composite materals 2/56" to 1/2-13". Allthread rods are threaded the complete length of the rod. Lengths commonly found are 6", 12" studs, and 24", 48", 72", and 96" long rods.

Nice ad for Squirrel Works in this issue as well. Dunno if it's been in there before, but I noticed this one.

Thanks so much for the compliments. Don and I put alot of effort into our graphics and it's nice to know that they're appreciated.

Terri

Originally posted by CTulanko
All-Thread is used on L3 sized birds to provide additional strength to the model.

Oh, that makes sense...... It makes the fin can / aft section more rigid.......

Originally posted by CTulanko
I also make sure I design my L3 rockets with an internal framework structure from bottom to top.

What kind of internal framework do you have above the fin can??? You got any pics.........

Originally posted by astronboy
Any idea why the black and white?

My guess would be to save money......... Wasn't that an issue with Extreme Rocketry?

Originally posted by n3tjm
I am still waiting for my issue :(. Jim, when did you get your copy?

Saturday, but I always get them about a week earlier because of our ad. My first copy is my invoice copy.

Astronboy: Yea, it's a cost issue. Putting out a periodical in *any* event is expensive. *color* is outrageous...

jim

I guess that my re-upping with the NAR wasn't quite enough
this year...Oh well...maybe next year...

Back