Jan 8-9 ROSCO Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
ROSCO (Rocketry Over South Carolina at Orangeburg) will be having a NAR sport launch January 8th and 9th.

As of today (1-3-05) it is still too early to predict the weather. There are early indications that we "might" have some rain.

Hopefully, not too much to prevent me launching my HPR cluster. :D

Hey Randy!
when would a descision to scrub due to weather be made and how would it be anounced?
i hope to be there saturday if the weather looks good.
maybe we can finialy drag race our dueces :D

-chuck

ps- any idea if there will be any vendors?

Originally posted by Adam Selene
Hey Randy!
when would a descision to scrub due to weather be made and how would it be anounced?
i hope to be there saturday if the weather looks good.
maybe we can finialy drag race our dueces :D

-chuck

ps- any idea if there will be any vendors?

Chuck, the decision to scrub would be made Thursday afternoon, so people could cancell their hotel reservations. We would announce the decision on the ROSCO website, along with the Tripoli and here at TRF.

As far as Vendors..... Ken from Performance will be there. I don't know about Larry for Rocket Science.

I hope the weather is ok. I'm trying hard to finish up my BIG rocket. But yes, we still need to Drag Race our deuces, It's only been a year or so since we said we were going to do that!!!!

A quick update........ Performance Hobbies WILL NOT be at the launch. Talked to Ken just a few minutes ago......

D*MN!

i don't think i'll be making the 3 hour drive if i can't buy any motors. :mad:

Hey Randy!
i just built (well it's not finished yet) a 38mm saucer from applewhite, so i was thinking about getting a pro38 1 grain case and a couple of loads for it OR an AT 38/120 case and loads (i'm dying to try the new redline G67,so i might as well buy a case for it) and maybe a pro38 3 grain for my lil lunar express.

i have a 38/240 H something and lots of mid and low power so i might come out anyway. or i might wait and go to FLA in a couple of weeks for the winter nationals, that might be a lot of fun. or maybe i'll wait til february.

or i could come out and try to cert L2 with a 5 grain pro38 in the saucer, no, maybe not.;)

Well, the first day of our monthly launch was ok. Not a ton of people, mostly just our regulars flyers. Our club got one new member today, and he purchased a EZI-65.... I look forward to seeing him fly it.....

The weather was warm, but a little windy at times. Cloudly with a ceiling of about 2000'

I flew my HPR Cluster, not quite like I planed but it flew!!! I'll update my Build thread with the details..

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12219

I got no pictures as I was busy prepping and then as I was getting ready to fly, I realized my camera's batteries were dead!!! Rocketjunkie got a video.........

Today's weather was made for rocketry...... Warm, no clouds (after 12) and very little wind.

We had a number of people today. There were a lot of flights. Most of them were sucessful. I took over 100 pictures today, so I will only share with you the best ones. In the next few days, I will work on getting all of them uploaded to our website for your viewing pleasure.

Up first is a few pics of Bert. This rocket was build by Todd. He flew on a pair of 29mm motors......

And here is our very own karatekicker271 installing the ignitor in his "outhouse"

Here is his outhouse in flight.... He flew it 2 times. I think he used a G64. The first flight was great. The second flight did not end too good. I'll let him tell you the results......

First flight......

Here's Rocketjunkie's Groove Tube flying on a J210????

Nice flight Tom!!!!!!!

Here's Bobby helping Robert with his hybrid rocket..... It was a J motor...... Great flight all the way up until it came time for the main to deploy....... Ouch........

And here is Todd prepping his Patriot.... It flew on a H123. He did a great job building this rocket.....

(I will post few more pics soon.......)

Back