It's warm in my hotel room???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowpuller

Reaction score
It's warm in my hotel room but cold outside.

Any concerns with assembling an RMS in my nice warm room tonight and then shooting it outside in the cold in the morning???

You should assemble 8 or so identical loads, half at current temperature then half out on the porch.

Let us know :p

I was just going to make a thread about assembling reloads the night before a launch. Should you wait to put the red cap with the ejection charge on till its ready to be launched though? Good post op, thanks.

I have never had a problem with a pre-loaded motor. In fact as most of my launches are in the cold of winter I prefer to do them indoors where my fingers have feeling and there isn't wind causing issues. I even load the BP in advance especially as for some loads there isn't a red cap and I have to use tape and other measures to secure the BP.

One thing I do suggest is to have some type of tray/dish with sides to contain all the parts so that you aren't looking for a lost ring or other small part in the nooks and crannies and dark carpet on the floor.

Back