It's Too Doggone Hot!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a 1/2 day off today... There's a former typhoon of the coast (we have had bands of rain, but no wind). When I left work, it wasn't raining. But >25°C and nearly 100% humidity. By the time I got home, it wasn't raining (nor did it on the entire ride home). However, I was dripping with rivulets of sweat off of my forehead, and my clothing was soaked through due to the sweat.

Then I noticed (after my cold shower) that even with my AC on, my apartment is registering 70% humidity INSIDE! Turned the temperature down on the AC, and it dropped 5% in about 20 minutes. Still has a slightly high moisture feeling when breathing normally.

I F*****G HATE HUMIDITY!!!

if the a/c indoor coil is cold, it will pull the humidity out. In commercial applications the cooling is on 24 hours/day and they reheat the discharge air to maintain the temperature in the room. Wasteful, but welcome to the human race.

We are not as hot as usual, but, the monsoons are bad. About a 4 mile stretch of the main highway is closed due to flooding. Some of the side roads are completely under water. With all the clay around here the mountains just let the water go down the sides. It can rain in the mountains and flood the valley. Hardly a drop at our house. 5 miles away and there are feet of water.

This weekend was tough for me. While normal for parts of the South, our humidity has been in the high 90s with temperatures around 90. The aircraft hit 102 with the AC running during one call.

I'm in the minority, but I'm ready for Fall and Winter. You can only take off so many clothes and still be hot while I can dress for the cold. Plus, I want to go skiing.

We went to Argonia Sunday. It was hot and windy. After all the ice melted in the chest, I soaked a towel in it and put it on my head. WOW! Did that ever feel good! I'm going to have to remember that!

It was sooo hot today, and dry too!

How dry was it?

It was sooo dry, I saw a fire hydrant chasing a dog!

I don't think it even hit 70 today, it was great. I really need to move to higher elevation or a more Northern latitude.

I don't think it even hit 70 today, it was great. I really need to move to higher elevation or a more Northern latitude.
You could try a more western longitude too. Out here in Western Washington you can count the record number of 90-degree days in a row on both hands. 80 today, 79 tomorrow, 82 Wednesday, all with relatively low humidity.

Hit 111F today. Then the thunderstorms rolled in. This time of year thunderstorms and flash floods happen regularly. About 2 miles from me they got hammered. Heavy rain from a near stationary storm. It looked like a solid shaft from the ground to the clouds for about 15 minutes. At our house we got barely a drop. Right now at 1am it's 79 and 44% humidity.

Back