It's Too Doggone Hot!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got some plastic water bottles I bought at the Dollar Store. Great for taking to launches to stay hydrated, or even just driving around town. I left one in my car about two weeks ago, when I went into the hospital. It's shrunk to half its original size from the heat.

[edit]

bottle.jpg

Last edited:
Very hot here too, I'm staying inside most of the time. I'm pretty tolerant of heat from some of my past outdoor hobbies, but 109 is really puching it.
I saw a video on the internet of this guy with a full raw chicken on a platter heading out to his outdoor grille. He stepped out onto the patio then looked down and saw that his bird was already cooked.

I know where that photo is from K'Tesh. Good Movie!
Never would have thought Arnold would do full frontal bare all.
He must have made a bundle for that few seconds.
The problem here in Michigan is we have a lot of water on 3 sides.
Usually so humid you think you are drowning, and your always soaked with sweat.

I know where that photo is from K'Tesh. Good Movie!
Never would have thought Arnold would do full frontal bare all.
He must have made a bundle for that few seconds.
The problem here in Michigan is we have a lot of water on 3 sides.
Usually so humid you think you are drowning, and your always soaked with sweat.
I'm in Eastern Asia... Thank goodness I'm on the same parallel as DC and SFO... But the humidity is more like DC... Oppressive w/o AC.

We're going to be up bumping 90 degrees next week. Fortunately, when Seattle gets hot, it's not humid. 90-95 doesn't sound like much, but more than half of Seattle houses don't have AC. That gets pretty unpleasant if you don't have a basement to retreat to.

We're going to be up bumping 90 degrees next week. Fortunately, when Seattle gets hot, it's not humid. 90-95 doesn't sound like much, but more than half of Seattle houses don't have AC. That gets pretty unpleasant if you don't have a basement to retreat to.
Want to do some flying next week, Eric? :D

I might, actually. Testing software updates to Eggtimer ION.

I was born in the southwest desert and raised in the southeast but with continuing health decline my body tolerates heat somewhat less well than when I was more well.
We're looking at a forecast thermometer high of 102 here in central Missouri with heat index of 108.
Last week my brother and sister in law in Tennessee had forecast heat index of 111.
Fortunately our weekly creative writers group meeting at the bake shop is in a little while this morning and the peak heat is forecast for around 4pm.

Unforutnately, I'm going to be pretty crazy busy next week for work. If it was a Sunday, I might have tried to bring over the Ingraham kids for a shakedown flight of a couple of cert rockets. I don't think that I can manage Sunday though.

I'm in Eastern Asia... Thank goodness I'm on the same parallel as DC and SFO... But the humidity is more like DC... Oppressive w/o AC.
Talked to Ben in Shanghai yesterday. 104f in the shade. Poor sob had a bbq party and everybody stayed inside while he cooked. Both him and the burgers. Stay as cool as you are! BTW, China still sux!

Here near Vegas it has been unseasonable cool. Only made it to the high 80's. It is usually 110-115F. But the humidity has been crazy high. And the monsoons have started early. I'm not used to having sweat running down my neck. Or feeling like my pants are wet. Our humidity is usually single digits. Right now at midnight it is 79F with 79% humidity. It should be 100F with 5% humidity.

My wife brought those scarfs/u-shaped cooling pads that fit around the back of your neck. They worked really well for an unusually long time, for staying cold at the NSL.

It was so hot, a farmer taking a load corn to market was startled to see his corn start popping. The horse, seeing these popped kernals falling from the sky, assumed it was snow, laid down and froze to death.

You have to believe me when I say I feel sorry for all you guys and gals dealing with this unusual heat wave gripping the US and Europe. It has been unusually cool here. Only 100 instead of 110-115+. Very odd weather patterns around the world.

This summer will break the all-time record if it continues it's current trend.

"The summers of 2021 and 1936 hold the first- and second-place rankings, followed by 2012, 2011 and 2020, respectively."

Back