It's Official!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graylensman

Reaction score
NAR# 83407!

Got my membership card yesterday, along with the promise of a "Sport Rocketry" magazine in the future.

Yes, I know membership is limited only to those who scrape up enough allowance money to join, but I still feel like I'm twelve again! Woo Hoo!! :p

Congrats, Gray! You'll love Sport Rocketry, it's one of the best things about membership.

JIM! Im never gonna catch up to you in posts if you keep leaping up like that! You better watch out, I am almost at 1K!:mad: :D

Welcome to NAR! Im #81044. Does that mean I am the 81,044th person to join, or what? The billion bucks goes to # 100000 the one-hundred thousandth member should get *SOME* kind of award, dontcha think?:cool:

What do the number mean...???
Mine starts with a 77...then again, I am older...LOL

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Yeah, I guess your a little older than I am... Heck, I am probly one of the youngest people here, so I get to say that a lot!!!!!!:cool:

15371!? OK. You win! you have the lowest # I can think of! At least around here...:rolleyes:

Werhner Von Braun...

Yeah, you know 'im.

He was NAR #018!

G. Harry Stine

Yeah, you know him too...

He was NAR #002

Anyone have Vern Estes' NAR number?

Jason

Yeah... I kew Mr stine was # 2.

Wherener von Braun was a NAR member!? Thats something.... I never knew THAT before!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yeah - I found it out just a couple of weeks ago when I got my new Sport Rocketry! It was very cool to hear! :D :D :D

Oh, before I forget, WELCOME to the NAR Gray!

Jason

OK. you have every right to call me stupid for asking this... When did von Braun die, and how? I should know this...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Neil
OK. you have every right to call me stupid for asking this... When did von Braun die, and how? I should know this...:rolleyes:

Late 70's, I think around '77. Cancer.

Ah. And how old is Homer Hickam? In his 60s, right?:confused: Is he a NAR member? He must be....:cool:

Originally posted by Neil
15371!? OK. You win! you have the lowest # I can think of! At least around here...:rolleyes:

Well, my number is 1332! I WIN! :D

but you live in england! I thought the NAR was only to people in the States...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

homer hickam never was in the nar i dont think (ive read that book too many times)

after the last launch of the bcma he went and studie

*goes and looks for books*
*realizes he lost book*
*runs around in panic*

studied something... then went to work for something along the line of nasa and launched something blah blah

not once did it mention the nar though...

But he went to TARC launches... You would think he would at least join NAR....

He went on to train Shuttle astronauts, I think.:cool: :cool: :cool:

thanks, everyone! I noticed that NARAM will be held in Virginia this year. That will be easy for me to attend, and would be my first visit to an NAR event!

Originally posted by Micromister
Welcome Greylensman! you now have the opportunity to spend LOT's more money:D:D

My wife asked how much membership cost, and when I told her, her jaw dropped. Then she said, "I guess you're entitled to one extravagance." :)

Back