It's official: Career Change and Move

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by ben
have fun. Make Plans to attend the MDRA Red Glare2 launch April 20-22 ;) That can be your welcoming launch ;) :p

I agree, even though I cannot make any MDRA launches. I heard they are one of the best clubs in the northeast.:D

PS - April 20-22 is the Red Glare launch. I get braces :)eek: ) on the 17th, just 3 days before...:(

NAR and TRA have reciprocal HPR certifications. The only "issue" is that at Tripoli research launches (Sunday at BattlePark) you must be TRA L2 or L3 to fly. On commercial motor days (Saturday at BattlePark) anybody can fly to their cert level.

Originally posted by TWRackers
Will they let me in? I'm NAR, not Tripoli. And I couldn't bring any of my rockets up from Florida with me, so all I have are a digital camera and a camcorder.

If they'll let me in, they'll let just about anyone in.
I have no doubt one of us will have a spare rocket you can prep and fly.
See you Saturday.
-BB

I've got an unbuilt Pratt Super6 rocket that you can put together on the field and then fly.

One of our SEARS 572 members, John Hansel (who doesn't hang out here on TRF, sad to say, says he's too busy building rockets) gave me a couple of going-away gifts before I left Florida to relocate in Virginia. First, because he said I come up with some fairly creative rockets, he gave me one to "spark" the imagination....

John also did his part towards my continuing on past my NAR Level 2....

Tom, glad to see you've settled in there. Hope all is going well. Your L3 piggy bank has inspired me to do the same. Although, mine is not as fancy. Just a corner of my sesk drawer. But, just as functional.

Say hey to Rocket Queen for me.

Cliff

John also did his part towards my continuing on past my NAR Level 2....

Tom,

After talking to Greg Lane about his Level 3....

You are going to need a much bigger piggy bank!

Good luck in VA.

Marty

Originally posted by mwiggins367
Tom,

After talking to Greg Lane about his Level 3....

You are going to need a much bigger piggy bank!

Good luck in VA.

Marty
Ahhhh... part of my personal challenge if-and-when I work on my L3 will be to accomplish it WITHOUT overbuilding or overspending. Not to be cheap but to be clever. But all my rocket stuff (except for my PVC rocket stand and my box of 'chutes, go figure) are still back in Florida. So I won't be starting any building anytime in the next few weeks.

On the other hand, I plan on attending my first NOVAAR meeting tonight. Already have my map printed and everything. Now I need to finish my avatar.... ;)

Everytime I bring up the subject of more money for rockets my wife holds a picture of my 3 kids in front of me and ask which one goes without food this week. She doesn't play fair!

Tom - glad to see you not wasting any time getting hooked up with a rocket club. Ditto's on telling Rocket Queen hey!

I plan on attending my first NOVAAR meeting tonight.

We look forward to welcoming you...!
See you tonight.
-BB

Ahhhh... part of my personal challenge if-and-when I work on my L3 will be to accomplish it WITHOUT overbuilding or overspending. Not to be cheap but to be clever.

You can get a Level 3 5.5" BSD Horizon for about $250.
You would need a really big field though!

https://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/kits/bsd_horizon55.html

I doubt I would ever try for Level 3. The money, time and stress are just not worth it for me.

Back