Its here!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
I just recieved my PML AMRAAM4 in the mail today I just want to know is this kit to large to fly it on an H. Ill post pics as I build it I cant wait but Ive been on vacation for the past two weeks then it comes today when I got to go back to work :mad:

Is it the CPR3000 version or the regular? If it is the CPR version you will probably need the an I motor to get it stable off the rail.

If it is the standard kit and you build as per the instructions (no additional weight, foam or big epxoy fillets), I would imagine it could be flown on the AT H's and the Pro 38 H-153. I used to fly my EZI-65 (4" dia. but a little shorter) on these motors all the time. Just build it and weigh it when it's done. Worse case you have to pop the extra 10 bucks for an I motor. Life could be worse.

Good deal Bow...

It's an awsome and impressive looking bird when complete..

Go to PML's website and download their motor recommendations for it..

They list an H180 for for the Amraam 4 showing an altitude of 872' with an optimal delay just over 6 seconds..

H220 gets 868' with an optimal delay of 6.5 seconds...

My weight came in a little heavier than their predicted weight so ya may need to watch that too.. They show a completed weight of 78oz and mine came in at 90 oz...

Someday i'll learn to build lighter and reduce my epoxy bill.. :D

Originally posted by Bowhunter
I just recieved my PML AMRAAM4 in the mail today I just want to know is this kit to large to fly it on an H. Ill post pics as I build it I cant wait but Ive been on vacation for the past two weeks then it comes today when I got to go back to work :mad:

EMRR reviews show a few H242 flights, reported as successful but low. "Modern High Power Rocketry" has the 3" version as the building example for an L2 kit. Then again, the #4 does come with a 29mm tube. So, it's possible but probably not recommended. Certainly not if you got the CPR.

If built light, you should be able to get it up on an H. I'd go with a Blue Thunder, Redline, or one of the larger White Lightening loads. Something with a high initial thrust. Also, look at the possibility of using a rail.

Perfect motor for the Amraam 4 is the AT I211-M. Did my level 1 with that motor and have flown that same motor several times since and the AT I285-M Redline as well.

Will the nylon shock cord be enough or should I add some 1inch elastic for the chute?

My only launch so far with the Amraam 4 has been on an I211 and I also think they're a good combo...

The nylon shock cord is fine in length, the only mod I made on my cord was to add a kevlar sleeve for protection from the ejection gases.

Here it is I just need to stripe it I can remember witch stripes means armed or practice

Wow! you got it built in 6 days, painted in 8!? That's awesome.

Ok, I think I need an A2 or 3 for myself...

Right. The yellow band indicates a live missile. Hope ya don't get pulled over on the way to a launch. ;) Looks sweet. I was planning on building the Amraam 3, but now i'm leaning towards the 4 too.

If you want to use a 29mm motor I'm sure an AT 268R would fly that thing.

Back