It's Gone...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokitflite

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just in case some of you don't know, It looks like Estes has discontinued the Maxi Brute V-2 again (its not on their P.I.T.A. website any longer). So, if you think you might want one, now is the time to get it before they start drawing stupid money on Ebay. I bought quite a few, I have this addiction problem you see.

Originally posted by kelltym88
Can I get one from ya?

Reread his post - he's an addict man! :D I picked one up last year on the ROL auctions for $30 + $6 shipping. That's an OK price I suppose. The local hobby shop has one but it's about $58. :eek:

The local Hungate's is selling an opened example for $62. :kill: That is not a good price

Originally posted by rokitflite
Hi Guys,
Just in case some of you don't know, It looks like Estes has discontinued the Maxi Brute V-2 again (its not on their P.I.T.A. website any longer). So, if you think you might want one, now is the time to get it before they start drawing stupid money on Ebay. I bought quite a few, I have this addiction problem you see.

Is the Maxi-Brute V2 a 4" diameter rocket? If so, I saw one at my local Hobbytown USA a few days ago.

Yes,
There are still tons of them out there. I mean Estes wouldn't discontinue it if it were selling WELL. Kelltym88, you can still pick these things up on Ebay for less than retail and I'm not really willing to part with my "stash" just yet:D

I just looked at ACSUPPLYCO.COM and they are out of stock as well.

On a side note I am sure most of you know that the classic Sissor Wing Transport is being re-released and should be out in Oct. (hopefully). I noticed that shortly after Estes announced this, the original kits started to show up on eBay. I have found several good deals on eBay and so I keep a pretty watch on what's up for auction. Up until the announcment on Estes site that the Sissor Wing was being re-released, I had never seen one on eBay. Now there seems to be one on there all the time and they are selling for outrageous amounts. Anywhere from $80 - $150.

For those of you that don't have a local hobby shop near you, ACSupplyco has them for $13.40 and they are taking pre-orders. Best prices I have seen.

Our local hobby shop has a very dusty one... Its been sitting on that shelf for as long as I can remember. So, if I ever want a maxi V2, I only have to drive half an hour to get it :D It wont be going anywhere anytime soon if you ask me :D

Unless the ol boy has it on ebay for a "buy it now" price of 500% more than retail.:kill:

Back