Its going to be a July Christmas-Secret Santa Official Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skycopp

Reaction score
Thats right folks. The last Secret Santa Christmas was a blast and its too much fun to only have it once a year. Therefore.... without further ado.... I hereby announce that we will have a Rocket Christmas on July 4th. I am Skycopp, your host and official Secret Santa dude.
The rules are as follows:
Spending limit of $20-$30.
Try to support and order from Vendors who support the Secret Santa this time and in the past.
Have your name in the hat by June 4th.
No PEEKING UNTIL JULY 4th!!!!
Please post a wish list.
PM to me your address and an email address.

If I think of any more rules, I will post and update them here.

If vendors want to have a special for Secret Santa, post a note on this thread and I will try and keep a list of vendors in this first post (just to make things tidy).
FLISKITS IS A SUPPORTING VENDOR!!!
K AND S ROCKETS will be a supporting vendor!!!
INFLIGHT ROCKETS has signed on!!!
SQUIRREL WORKS is on board!!!
SUNWARD is now a supporting vendor!
PEMBERTON TECHNOLOGIES has a Secret Santa deal as well!

ART APPLEWHITE is on it too!!!
MADCOW ROCKETRY moOOooOOooves in with a deal!!!
A separate thread for vendors has been started here.

Now to get into the Christmas spirit... not these spirits, this one!

So far I have the following names:
Johnnie, Race58, Green Arrow, Peartree, kandsrockets, br549, hounddawgracing, Hostpital_Rocket, Vanel, DanB, DrWogz, PunkRocketScience, Evil Ed, Pantherjon, Bohica, n3tjm, cjl, WShoreRockets, dave carver, jflis, KDRaven, Poke44, Handeman, Sunward, Rangerstl, Donaldsrockets, PemTech, Snuggles, Rockhiittman, Pyro Pro, Lucky 94, Fred, SCE to AUX, Ttabbal, Randym, rocket877, CJAnderson, caheaton, AX'E, TXFergie1, Massrokit, Ree, RimfireJim, PKMdotCOM

WE NOW HAVE 44 PARTICIPANTS!!!

I am in.

Wish list - some 4" dia LOC tubes, 4" couplers, 29mm aeorpack retainer.

Count me in, sounds like a good idea.

Wish list: A 29mm Applewhite Stealth or Saucer would rock (Anything but Texas colors as I live in Oklahoma).

I'm not real picky though. It's the thought that counts.

What the heck, sign me up...

Wish list?

An Aeropack 54mm retainer body
A Skyangle 20" Parachute
Some 1/2" Tubular Nylon

Feeling Generous?

A complete Aeropack 75mm retainer

Want to stick to the list of folks who are actively supporting this...

Art Applewhite 38mm Stealth
Any of the Pemberton Mid Power kits
Madcow - Screech or a Buzzle

Count me in! :)

Wish list:
Squirrel Works Interstellar Probe or Firebird SST

I am in!

Wish list includes the lower price Aerotech, LOC, PML kits (anything I can stick a G40-10W in). A 38mm or 54mm saucer would do too :D.

You should post an e-mail to register at. Makes organizing it sooo much easier and also your pm box fills up quicker than you think..

Oh... Papa Elf will be back in November again this year :D

I'm definitely in :D

Wish list includes anything fun or different in the LPR realm (NO 3/4 fnc please), or I could really use some 1/4" tubular kevlar right now.

OOPS! Forgot my wish!:D I would like a 29mm Stealth from Art Applewhite. Thanks!

First time participant, count me in.

Wish? A Sandman conical 2.375x11.875(5 to 1) with a 1" shoulder to sit on the BT and 3" x 2.125" Dia. base so overall it's 15.875".

Yeah, I don't want much :rolleyes: but I have this piece of epoxy/fiberglass over Phenolic tubing that's just begging to go Mach 2.:D

I'm in as a participant and supporting vendor (details to follow ;) )

Wish list? Range box stuff. Dog barf, tools, CA, misc odd things that help fill out a good range box (sand paper, files, tweezers, etc)

What the heck I'll jump in. I missed the last one but i'll try this one out.

Wish list? heck I'll keep it simple and say any thing fliskits or any other vendor that might sign up.

Can we get this thread stickied. Also there should be a thread started for the vendors to post what deals are being offered for the SS. Another thread would be better than having to go through all the post in this one to find what is being offered. Just my 2 cents.

Can we get this thread stickied. Also there should be a thread started for the vendors to post what deals are being offered for the SS. Another thread would be better than having to go through all the post in this one to find what is being offered. Just my 2 cents.

Stickying the thread is not a bad idea. Is that something only the moderaters can do or is there something I have to do?

I agree regarding the vendors supporting the Secret Santa should have their deals in a prominent position. I thought I would detail their deals in the very first post so that it is all in one place without having to scan the posts. If you think a separate thread should be started I have no problem with that. I'm excited that Flis is signing up... I built the Tres and I loved it.

Stickying the thread is not a bad idea. Is that something only the moderaters can do or is there something I have to do?

I agree regarding the vendors supporting the Secret Santa should have their deals in a prominent position. I thought I would detail their deals in the very first post so that it is all in one place without having to scan the posts. If you think a separate thread should be started I have no problem with that. I'm excited that Flis is signing up... I built the Tres and I loved it.

The Mods have to sticky the thread.

As for the vendors having a thread I feel it will make it easier for everyone to see what is being offered.

K and S Rockets would like to be a supporting vendor. I will post more info later on what we will have to offer.

The Mods have to sticky the thread.

As for the vendors having a thread I feel it will make it easier for everyone to see what is being offered.

K and S Rockets would like to be a supporting vendor. I will post more info later on what we will have to offer.

Separate thread started! Thanks for the suggestion.

I am in!

Wish list:
Something red, white and blue that goes up and comes back down!

K&S rocket of some kind would be great, Heavy Hitter perhaps!

Pemberton Tech also!

I just got back from having some oral surgery and 2 wisdom teeth pulled. The info sheet they gave me says not to make any major decisions for the first 24 hours after anesthesia, but what the hey! Count me in.

Now for that decision I shouldn't be making, my wish list. I would love a Duece's Wild.

Handeman, The Deuces Wild seems like a good choice and Flis is signing up as a supporting vendor....so keep your fingers crossed.

My wish list.
Well, since I'm Secret Santa dude I don't think its fair to assign a Santa for myself - because then it wouldn't be a secret. However, if you are soo oblidged there is something that you can do.

In October, and I'm still working the details, I'm planning a trip to Brazil to visit with my 11 year old god son Vinny. Those around MDRA may have met Vinny as he was a fixture there for a quite a few launches getting to know everyone and asking a lot of questions. Anyway, he was a neighbor of mine here in the states and I've kind of adopted him because he didn't have a father and he was here only with his mother. He came over one day with an Estes kit his mother had gotten for him and he wanted my help in putting it together and launching. A few google searches later, I discovered MDRA and the wonderful world of LPR MPR and most definitely HPR. We were both hooked and we spent many a night in my kitchen building rockets.
Unfortunately, Vinny and his Mom had to return to Brazil last year. He still calls me and emails me to ask whats the latest with rockets. He has named me his GODFATHER (love the sound of that) and he can't wait until he comes back one day to go launching rockets. Unfortunately there is not that many clubs in Brazil, at least any that is close to him and his goal when he gets older is to start one.
Anyway, in October I plan on going to Brazil to visit him and it is hoped that I can bring some rockets with me and give a talk to his class about rocketry. I would like to bring as many rocket kits as I can (because Vinny can't find any there) so I can give him and some of his classmates some rocket kits.

So if you are so inclined, you can send me a simple 3 or 4 FNC rocket and I promise you that it will go to some Brazilian kid. I'll even take a picture of the happy recipient and send to you.
So that is my wish, nothing for me but if you would like to spread some good 'ol USA rocketry cheer to a child in the Southern Hemisphere... then by all means.

vinny2.jpg

REMEMBER, please support these guys as much as possible with your business because they are supporting us. These are fellow rocketeers who come to our launches and design awesome kits in their basements and garages. They are not some nameless and faceless corporate fat cats.... they are one of us.

You forgot to mention the kitchen, *bathroom, living room... I have stuff all over the place. :lol:

*bathroom; the bathtub is were I clean the silkscreens. :surprised:

Put me in as a supporting vendor. I'll post details in the vendor thread soon.
Thanks

Back