Quantcast

It is ALIVE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

SwingWing

Reaction score
Well, it has been almost a month since I converted my 24mm Deuces Wild and Pencam payload to confetti and splinters:rolleyes: , so it is high time for a rebuild. I tried to make it a bit lighter this time, but it will still be a 1 Lb. plus notification launch with the camera installed.

SwingWing

Reaction score
The only parts salvageable from the prior lawndart, were the fins, motormounts and nosecone. The camera is a $5.00 ebay special controlled by a home made timer circuit.

SwingWing

Reaction score
The timer is set to take most of the pictures during boost, firing aproximately 3 times per second, 26 picture capacity. Someday I may actually get a pic of the launch crew.....

havoc821

Reaction score
looks like the kind of shroud I use onmy video camera rocket
is it one of those VGA pen cams that has 26 high res or 99 low res? I have one of those but I didn't use a timer circuit, I just soldered a simple 3 way switch where the button was press on the camera circuit board. So now, all I have to do is turn on camera set to video mode, and flip switch. Very simple. Cool rocket by the way!

jflis

Reaction score
Very kewl. When is she going to fly??

SwingWing

Reaction score
Originally posted by jflis
Very kewl. When is she going to fly??
I dunno, the next coupla club launches are limited to under 1 pound.

Originally posted by havoc821
is it one of those VGA pen cams that has 26 high res or 99 low res?
Yep, Aiptek PencamII

powderburner

Reaction score
Originally posted by SwingWing
The camera is a $5.00 ebay special
Tell us again please what kind of camera (make, model, etc) that is?
I have been watching the AipTek pencams on ebay and they seem to be going for $10-15-20 these days

havoc821

Reaction score
yeah where did you get that for $5? My original was $40 and still has survived 3 ballistic recoveries. I got another one fom bcdlr not too long ago. I was thinking about kitting some of my camera rockets but only if I could get a camera cheap. Could you please send us a link to those cameras. If they are only $5 im getting 4! That means I can have 1 camera for "ground" view launch, one for "pad" view looking up at the motor, "tower cam" looking down on the rocket as it lifts off, 1 for me to hold and 2 to stick inside a rocket for lookdown and lookout view. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!

SwingWing

Reaction score
Sorry, no store or anything where you can get em cheap. About a year and a half ago, there was quite a glut of the VGA and pencam II's on ebay. Now it seems that there aren't very many out there. There are quite a few 1.3M pencams, but they have an annoying 2 second delay between frames. They might work in vid mode, but i don't think the resolution is as high.
Ebay in general has gotten to be a sellers market. Not too many "deals" out there anymore:(