Issue with ThrustCurve.com?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soopirV

Reaction score
HI- was playing around with ThrustCurve today, and noticed some discrepancies between the excel download output and the data displayed. First, the units of the downloaded file are SI only, regardless of preferences set on the page, but the real issue is a bit harder to describe...

I'm seeing some phantom motors in the download output that aren't listed on the website view. Here are some screen shots:

ThrustCurve Excel.PNGThrustCurve Web Output.PNG

I downloaded using the link for "Motors that work", and verified that several times. It is not "All", nor is it "motors that didn't work", but as you can see, none (well, few) of the Excel motors are listed on the web site. Upon closer inspection, those motors aren't 29mm, they're 24 (at least the CTI ones, the ones I'm most interested in). The webpage output is showing 29mm motors.

I thought this website was run by someone here, so I'm hoping it can be straightened out! I spent the morning downloading all the various profiles for my fleet, and put the data into a big pivot table so I can quickly get the facts, but now I don't trust any of the data...:(

John Coker maintains ThrustCurve. If you go to John's rocket website I think you can get his email and contact him directly. He's pretty responsive.

Strange. I can't duplicate your issue. Maybe try running the motor guide after filtering for CTI only?

If you are OK to share, I would be interested to see your pivot table and how you like to use it.

In the site rewrite (still in progress), I changed the download spreadsheet so that your preferred units are used.
thrustcurve.herokuapp.com/

Mark and I constantly update the info on motors and add new ones, so caching the results locally can well lead to getting out of date.

Strange. I can't duplicate your issue. Maybe try running the motor guide after filtering for CTI only?

If you are OK to share, I would be interested to see your pivot table and how you like to use it.

I'm happy to share anything at all! I'm not sure how to filter the motor guide ahead of time, so maybe this is all of my own doing...however, I'm not so clear on how to successfully do that. I have three filters- Manufacturer of motor, diameter, and kit name. Once these are selected, I'm given the rounded ejection charge times across the X-axis, and the motors that fit the parameters above down the "Y". Where the two meet is the calculated altitude.

false data.PNG

In the site rewrite (still in progress), I changed the download spreadsheet so that your preferred units are used.
thrustcurve.herokuapp.com/

Mark and I constantly update the info on motors and add new ones, so caching the results locally can well lead to getting out of date.

Thanks John- your work in documenting and advancing this hobby is second to none, but what you've reported doesn't quite match what I'm seeing...

Back