Is this tube okay?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocSeuss

Reaction score
Purchased an ArrowX from SBR/Fusionrocket recently. Got this in the mail. Is this tube okay? Most of my experience is with LPR tubes, so I'm not sure what state HPR tubes should be in. Like, is that just cosmetic damage, or is that enough damage to the body tube that I should try to replace the tube?

2023-11-10 23.54.57.jpg

I have no HPR experience but you could always splice the tube in the center of the damaged area and insert a tube coupler twice the length of the diameter of the tube to beef it up. I had a MPR IMG_4669.JPGmodel CATO head first and the tube crumpled up to the tube coupler. No damage from there on the rest of the tube.

Purchased an ArrowX from SBR/Fusionrocket recently. Got this in the mail. Is this tube okay? Most of my experience is with LPR tubes, so I'm not sure what state HPR tubes should be in. Like, is that just cosmetic damage, or is that enough damage to the body tube that I should try to replace the tube?

View attachment 615281
I would have the manufacturer replace the tube.

Back