Is this for real?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after watching things that show up on antiques road show ... anything is possible

No documentation? It could be for real but if you can't prove it...

Lol...buy it and try it. Find out for sure. Might wanna run when hit the launch button though. No telling what will happen

Yup, without providence its worth whatever copper is going for today.

The word is "provenance", not "providence".

"Provenance, from the French provenir, "to come from", refers to the chronology of the ownership or location of a historical object."

The word is "provenance", not "providence".

"Provenance, from the French provenir, "to come from", refers to the chronology of the ownership or location of a historical object."
Sorry to upset you, I'll do better next time.

This came up before. It's probably a rocket engine but I doubt it's Goddard's. His engines were functional but not pretty.
engine2small.jpg

Look huney, I just paid 325K for this REALLY cool bong!

:rofl::roll:

Get it and see if it works :cool:

On second thought, for that bucket of cash, but yourself the engine from an F16..... A couple.

That has been in my list of Unusual eBay Auctions for a long while. As I noted in the YORF discussion, if I had something like that and thought it was real, I'd take it to an auction house that could research it and offer it to the kinds of poeple who might pay a lot for something like that ... rather than listing it on eBay.

-- Roger

Would they use solder on a rocket motor? I would think solder would seperate under the heat from a running motor.

In the description they suggest that something might have been run through that cylinder around the skirt of the nozzle to cool it (regenerative cooling). The soldered joints would have been kept cool enough that they wouldn't soften.

Back