Is this Estes decal defective or what?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
Below is the decal strip that came with my Estes Executioner. It looks to be a peel-off, self-stick type but the back side is not sticky at all. The instructions don't say anything about how to apply the decal except "Apply decals after paint is dry." Do I need to put it in water, or is it defective, or what?
Thanks,
Bill

executioner decal.jpg

Looks like a peel-and-stick decal that's been cut through too deep, cutting into the top layer of the paper backer (the decal itself is clear). You might be able to separate the backer still, but its usually a real pain, assuming it works at all. So yeah, the decal was defectively made.

Or just sitting in the bag, in a box, in a container, in a slow boat from China for a really, really, really long time. My experience with those peel-n-cuss stickers is to get razor blade up under one corner to start getting some separation. On the longer ones I'll get it lined up and ready to apply and start rolling off the backing about an inch at time. Putting it in water just gets you a wet sticker.

Water slide decals NEVER peel off the paper, so this is a peel n' screw up kind.

Looks like a peel-and-stick decal that's been cut through too deep, cutting into the top layer of the paper backer (the decal itself is clear). You might be able to separate the backer still, but its usually a real pain, assuming it works at all. So yeah, the decal was defectively made.

^ ^ ^ ^ I think Expjawa has the right answer. If you can't get the sticker off the paper correctly, then you should send some pictures of it to Estes. That would do a couple of things. First it lets them know about a possible manufacturing issue. Also it gives them a chance to send you a new sticker. Estes usually tries to make things right.

Back