Is this a bad omen?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
My neighbor's roof, this morning ....

thumbnail

Without a red X on a roof or tree, where will my rockets land this weekend?

When I see one of those in our yard, it is an omen that there's a dead animal somewhere around that I have dispose of. Not a pleasant job.

PXR5 said:
Get the Crock-Pot ready.

From your response I would suppose you don't want to know that here we have a roadkill license. Pay the state $15 and you can pick up one roadkill of your choice. :angiefavorite:
Wow, they tax everything now!

PXR5 said:
Get the Crock-Pot ready.

From your response I would suppose you don't want to know that here we have a roadkill license. Pay the state $15 and you can pick up one roadkill of your choice. :angiefavorite:

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen workers at a plant that I am loading at, scoop up dead vultures and throw them in with the other fowl to make poultry meal out of. True story!

Hey Bat-mite
That's got to be kind of rare in Md. It's hard to drive down the highway in New Mexico and not see vultures circling over something. Just like an old western.

Jim
Actually, we have a ton of them. But that's the first time I've seen one on my neighbor's roof. Made me wonder if somebody died in there. Apparently all is well.

Here's my vulture story.
I hike in the Dolly Sods Wilderness in WV. There's a rock formation there with great views that makes a good lunch spot. After lunch on a sunny day I was dozing there when a noise woke me. There was a vulture on the ground about 15 ft away giving me the eye.

Back