Is there anyone out there still making a mid-power Sprite upscale?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuaneW

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

With Hawk's Hobbies no longer making a Super Sprite, does anyone know if there is another manufacturer out there making something similar? I thought I found one, but for the life of me can't find the link.

Thanks,

Duane

Hi Gang,

With Hawk's Hobbies no longer making a Super Sprite, does anyone know if there is another manufacturer out there making something similar? I thought I found one, but for the life of me can't find the link.

Thanks,

Duane

You could opt to building a scratch version. I've already drawn plans using a BT 70, 70 AJ nose cone, 24mm motor mount and a ring that will be cut from a round cardboard coffee can. Great Value coffee still uses those kinds of cans, and I have a dozen or so stacked in the closet. It should serve as a pretty sturdy stabilizing ring. Planters peanuts has a can that size also. The only hitch to using them, is having to strip the inside and outside layers to get to the real cardboard, and then use some copy paper or card stock to resurface them. I built a rocket using a smaller Planters can, and it worked out just fine. The upscale Sprite drawings I did might not be exactly to scale, but it's close enough that most people won't notice.

I would but I am out a workshop until June. But thank you anyways for the suggestion.

Duane

3D Rocketry makes the Circulus which is very similar. It's a 3 inch kit with a 29mm motor mount.

Dave

Back