Is there an Android Expert out there using the Jolly Logic Altimeter 3?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaVee

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I hope that there is someone out there that knows their way around the Android system and adb (For the uninitiated: android debug bridge). I got a new phone a week or two back... and while the altimeter 3 app transferred... the many tens of flights that I have logged on my old phone didn't! I've tried using the ADB to pull and push the apk and the data. The data backup invariably looks wayyyy too small and I only end up with the original default flight (a StrongArm) in the original distro for demo purposes. This is a disappointment. The somewhere in my old device must have a file or files with the data that this thing reads. Has ANYONE managed to get their altimeter 3 data transferred to a new device?

Also, I notice that even when I force a backup of my phone to the google cloud, the altimeter 3 app never gets backed up (no joy!)

Last edited:
Could the data be on the fake sdcard partition so it's more accessible? I would email Jolly Logic and ask where the data is stored.

Can't really help because I don't have an altimeter 3.

well I've seen stuff there... and I've transferred it over however it didn't make a diff. I will have to drop an email to JB and I'm hoping that there may be some way. If I rooted my old phone I could probably find stuff but since I didnt do it before I used the altimeter, rooting will wipe the device...

According to John Beans, the data is kept in an SQLite dB and lives with the app. Now all I have to do is figure out how to copy it without root access.

Back