Is there a interest in 24" and 30" 8 side Mylar parachutes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket trike

Reaction score
We are looking at adding some more sizes to our Mylar parachutes. We are looking at 24" and 30". This the biggest we can go. Let us know if you would be interested in these sizes or any other sizes of Mylar parachutes. Right now we offer 10", 12", 15" and 18".

For a little insight from a fellow vendor, I find that for LPR, the 24 sell about 20-1 over the 30 inch. I have not actively tried for while, but the last time I did, this was the general statistic for my sales. It may have changed.
If you are going for the MPR market, I think at that point, people would more often buy Rip-Stop instead. Maybe run a poll?

I agree. Once you get up to a chute that size, I would want a rip-stop chute simply because the rocket will be proportionatly heavier, and I would want the strength that nylon gives. I would consider buying a 24" mylar chute, but not a 30".

Hope this helps in making your decision.

Jason

If you're gonna make bigger mylar chutes, I highly recommend reinforcing the shroud attachments with kapton tape, instead of the usual paper hole reinforcements. The tape is a LOT stronger, and also very heat-resistant. It's pretty cheap from McMaster-Carr also.

WW

Back