Quantcast

Is there a chat option?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

jflis

Reaction score
Quick, low priority question:

Is there a chat room on here? Or will there be in the future?

thanx,
jim

AKPilot

Reaction score
Yes, there is a function. I'll add that to the list.

We definitely need to have some more Fliskits fireside chats.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
Yes, the IRC channel is still there. You can either use a web-based client or download an IRC client such as Visual IRC or mIRC. I haven't tried it, but the first hit for a web client was http://www.web-irc.org/ ; server/channel are irc.hashnet.org/#therocketryforum. You don't need a password.

spacecadet

Reaction score
There always was a web-based chatroom potion here, but about a year ago I lost it (probably just couldn't find the button) so I used virc. When that decided not to work on a new PC, being unsophisticated I just tried another client, Icechat, which works fine, although you do have to tell it about hashnet as it's not there by default.

jflis

Reaction score
I was thinking more along the line of what TRF had back a couple of years ago. A simple CHAT button that you clicked and you were in. I think this would get more people to use it as they don't have to care what MIRC is, or a client, or ports, etc, etc...

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, that would make things a lot easier. Some sort of Java based IRC client, that way people can use the Chat link or their own chat software if the wish.

We certainly wouldn't kick you out for starting another fireside chat, Jim :p

Phil (chat Op)

jflis

Reaction score
Well, actually I would love to host another. We have lots of fun stuff coming up. I also like getting a "rocketry pulse", as it were, with these chats :)

jim