Is the secret out yet?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrox

Reaction score
Big news about Shrox and F_Kits at NARAM, is it out yet?

If it were out I'd expect it to be plastered all over TRF. Those who know must be sworn to secrecy.

in my best elmer fudd...

SSSSHHhhhhhhhhh......

be vwery vwery quiet...

....it's SHROX season....

:D :D :D :D :D

oh, and Shrox... There has GOT to be a better way to "x" out part of our name with out F***...

LOL man, that looks *bad* :p

More news at NARAM! Come on down if you want the full monty! Otherwise you'll have to wait till my return (mums the word, Shrox)

jim

OK,

here is my guess at a headline:

Fliss kits is now making Shrox's kits.

"Get great Shrox 'farsight' in quality Flis kits parts."

Ok, it's all made up, but I bet it's a great guess.

ArtU

what came to mind for me was something like "What do you get when you cross Shrox & Flis? Salvador Dali!" just what I need, a melting clock saucer model.

The concept of a Shrox influenced Acme Spitfire will keep me up with cold sweats for weeks...

How about this?

Rumourcentral Newswire

Today at NARAM a jont venture of Fliskits and Shrox Industria was announced

The new company will be called

Floxkitz

Mental health professionals on both coasts have been placed on high alert.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
How about this?

Rumourcentral Newswire

Today at NARAM a jont venture of Fliskits and Shrox Industria was announced

The new company will be called

Floxkitz

ROTFLMAO!

Good Stuff...

I'm guessing it'll be a Shrox/Fliskits joint kit.

Jason

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
lol - correct that to say "Mental health professionals on both sides of the Atlantic have been placed on high alert." :D

Hmmm...

Flox....

Shris....

Gotta be some joint venture. They could call it....

E.G.O.

Expanded Galactic Operation :D

I think I know the answer!!! Look around on FlisKits product offerings page. What's missing? GROUND SUPPORT!

In an <a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8900&perpage=20&highlight=Shrox%20controller&pagenumber=1">old thread</a> I recall Shrox talking about a product he previously offered to Estes called the <a href="https://www.shrox.com/TeslaZ.mov">"TeslaZ"</a>. They denied him. In the world of model rocket vendors, FlisKits HAS to be up there with the big vendors or at least closing in. I am certain that Shrox has brilliant ideas for futuristic looking launch pads and truly unique products like the "TeslaZ." I guarantee you that a company hot on the trails of the bigger manufacturers is willing to utilize that talent and come out with something groundbreaking. Now wouldn't it be something if this unique product idea came back to bite Estes in the ____? New kits and new designs are a dime a dozen these days. The combination of Shrox and Apogee (Dynastar) have proven that. Unless there is a radical new design in the works, my guess is that Shrox is finally putting his ideas in the hands of a smaller company that needs something as unique as the TeslaZ or at least in the hands of a company willing to acknowledge ingenuity to make a run at the big boys.

Folks, Jim Flis has a unique business mind and a skillful business sense. I am certain there are bigger things coming down the road for FlisKits. <a href="https://www.fliskits.com/free_dl/flistory/index.htm">"Flistation and McCarthydom"</a> are on the prowl. The Deuces Wild! was only the tip of the iceberg. The merger of these two minds isn't a circus act. There's something going on over there.

So, if I'm right, does this mean that I get the first one for free? :D

...and if I am right and I spoiled something, SORRY! I'm just trying to fill in the blanks. All I care about is one day having the opportunity to fly a FlisKits model rocket engine. 'Cuz I know if something "hot" comes off the FlisKits assembly line the revenue will pour back into something along the lines of model rocket engines someday....and THAT would be GOOD for model rocketry.

Shrox and Flis are going to beat every other private corporation to the Moon... our first outpost will be Manifest Destiny Station.

Remember, America owns the Moon.

I'm not going to hazard a guess as that could only end in tears. All I ask is that this doesn't turn out like the Segway and dissappoint millions of excited rocketeers. Emotional damage of that magnitude could send the world economy into a downward spiral that would leave Bill G*t*s in posession of all the worlds rubber chickens. Trust me, a world without rubber chickens is like a world without sunshine...

Peace :cool:
Mike

OK, don't any of the TRF weenies at NARAMS have mobile internet? or a phone?

Originally posted by rstaff3

No kidding. I've been looking through the NARAM Live website to see if someone took a picture of whatever the big secret is. C'mon folks - someone do some recon for us!

And the sad thing is... People at Naram already know what the big secret is....

Jim told me he is going to anounce it here as soon as he gets back....

Originally posted by rstaff3

As a spokesperson of the "TRF weenies".... if we don't have some form of high-speed access.... we don't even bother. :D

Besides which... I think the only TRFer at NARAM is Carl.

Originally posted by KenParker
As a spokesperson of the "TRF weenies".... if we don't have some form of high-speed access.... we don't even bother. :D

Besides which... I think the only TRFer at NARAM is Carl.

You forgot Mr. 4000+ post Flis. I just got off the phone with him, and he says he ran into at least seven or eight TRF'ers, including Carl, micromister, and CMASS's famous Bill Spadafora ;)

Back