Is the Estes Pro Series ll “Majestic” a good buy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Majestic purple/chrome rocket kind of reminds me of the one that The Joker tried to launch Bat Girl on...

358e3827dbe5ea1c496c4e0d1f6ce368.jpg

POW!

pow.gif

I have flown my Majestic several times, with the booster. It goes up about 3000'. I would recommend rail buttons instead of the launch lugs to make sure it flies straight up. Being that it is a little heavy (especially with the booster) a launch rod tends to bend slightly and could send your rocket into the next county.20180114_155924.jpg

I wonder how hard it would be to buy a second kit to recreate that booster....

I just like things to match if possible. Still looks pretty slick even with the black booster though.

I purchased two Star Orbiters and a Majestic at Hobby Lobby. I like having the 2 Star Orbiters for the same price as the Majestic. If you lose or damage a Star Orbiter, you still have second one for a backup. The Star Orbiter has the original Pro Series II type of build to it that I miss. I was thinking to myself, She's like the last of the Mohicans. The Majestic is like a sharpened silver Crayon in a purple wrapper.

Both would be good kits for bashing out a clone of, maybe a Black Brant III or a Blue Bird Zero.

I bought mine at Hobby Lobby with the 40% coupon, so the price was pretty good.

After a dozen of so flights, it would easily be worth the full retail.

I like the flashing of the fins as it comes down--incredibly visible. It is also lightweight, but quite sturdy. I have flown on motors ranging from D12-3 to Econojet Gs and it has flown well on all of them.

I wonder how hard it would be to buy a second kit to recreate that booster....

I just like things to match if possible. Still looks pretty slick even with the black booster though.

I know how you feel. With the Majestic I think it looks good that way. But with my NASA Trajector I matched it and I may buy another Ascender kit to match the pearl white. I tried matching it as best I could but the color is still a little off.

Attachments

• 20180715_182255.jpg
    20180715_182255.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20190321_181832.jpg
    20190321_181832.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 54
I bought mine at Hobby Lobby with the 40% coupon, so the price was pretty good.

After a dozen of so flights, it would easily be worth the full retail.

I like the flashing of the fins as it comes down--incredibly visible. It is also lightweight, but quite sturdy. I have flown on motors ranging from D12-3 to Econojet Gs and it has flown well on all of them.

Yeah man lots of fun for under 30 bucks with adhesive, just remember to run some tape over the leading edges if you’re flying it on a big G have one with a busted fin from a G77R flew great actually just shear one of the fin halves off at the seam.

Back