Is Starship orbital flight really going to happen in Dec 2022?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m really looking forward to seeing it fly, whenever that happens. It should be a pretty mind-blowing flight. And I expect there will be some epic crashes and explosions along the way until they get it right. I was glad they finally got Starship to land successfully, but the test-flight crashes were great entertainment!

I’m really looking forward to seeing it fly, whenever that happens. It should be a pretty mind-blowing flight. And I expect there will be some epic crashes and explosions along the way until they get it right. I was glad they finally got Starship to land successfully, but the test-flight crashes were great entertainment!
They were exciting to watch. Still find the “belly flop” approach a bit out there but they did do it.

I can’t remember. Has there only been the one successful landing or were there others?

They were exciting to watch. Still find the “belly flop” approach a bit out there but they did do it.

I can’t remember. Has there only been the one successful landing or were there others?

I think it’s just the one so far. It’s been a long delay since then.

According to over 700 fans who are voting on a poll as I type this, probability of launching in December is < 25%. Jan and Feb about 25% chance each, and about 25% chance "Later".

There is at least 1 more (probably 2 or 3) static tests to be done first, and it looks like they have to resurface the launch pad with concrete after each burn.

I think only one, and that was a landing on a concrete pad. No landings have yet been attempted (that I can recall) on the "chopsicks" tower.

Back