Is Sierra Fox still there?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about Sierra Fox Rocketry in Italy? Their web page is up but I have not received a response to repeated emails and they never delivered the HPR motors I ordered and paid for last year.
Thanks for any info,
Bill

Consider your money gone, I am pretty sure think SF is out of business and I can't imagine they would be able to ship HPR motors internationally anyways.

Consider your money gone, I am pretty sure think SF is out of business and I can't imagine they would be able to ship HPR motors internationally anyways.
What happened to them? They had been in business for many years and, In the past, they shipped motors to me here in Slovakia several times. Stefano seemed like a good guy, and he repeatedly apologized for the lengthy delay.

If I remember correctly the HPR motors that were marked in stock last year were pre-order. To my knowledge, they haven't received the shipment from AeroTech yet.

What happened to them? They had been in business for many years and, In the past, they shipped motors to me here in Slovakia several times. Stefano seemed like a good guy, and he repeatedly apologized for the lengthy delay.
Oh I may be have been confusing them with somebody else. Sorry about that.

Stefano at Siera Fox is still in business, as far as I know, selling kits. I get his mailings often enough.

He's had problems with motors because Aerotech didn't have their CE registration taken care of in Europe.
CE registration is required for sale in Europe, and possibly still a problem.

Stefano at Siera Fox is still in business, as far as I know, selling kits. I get his mailings often enough.

He's had problems with motors because Aerotech didn't have their CE registration taken care of in Europe.
CE registration is required for sale in Europe, and possibly still a problem.
Yes, Stefano took pre-orders in October 2019 after the CE registration had been completed and motor delivery was supposedly imminent, then he said there were delays due to covid and various other issues, but he was always very responsive and apologetic for the problem. But now it seems he is just not answering my emails, even though I paid over a year ago.

I can confirm it still in business but for sure has a lack of aerotech motors both RMS and DMS, also in terms of kit there is very few choice but this is more or less the same all over Europe.

I can confirm it still in business but for sure has a lack of aerotech motors both RMS and DMS, also in terms of kit there is very few choice but this is more or less the same all over Europe.
Try https://eurospacetechnology.eu/ in the Netherlands. Rene has a good selection of kits, parts, and CTI motors. It is NOT more or less the same all over Europe. Rene van Hulst (Eurospace Technology) is the CTI importer for Europe. He has arguably probably the most Estes kits available in Europe, as well as selling lots of High-powered kits and motors.
I also talked with Jeurg Thuring at the launch in Manching this past summer, as he is the Aerotech importer for Europe. He says to have lots of motors in stock, so it would seem to be a possible problem with Stefano (Sierra Fox) if he doesn't have motors.

Back