Is Perfectflite Still In Bid'ness?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deandome

Reaction score
Wildman used to tout MAWDs over all smaller/cheaper DD altimeters (even over the MissileWorks RRC2), now they're not even on his site.

Perfectflite's site's up, but the last update was Jan. 2008.

Are they history, or still making product?

I ordered 2 MAWDs and a data download kit directly from their website about 4 weeks ago. Got a confirmation email from them, a emial receipt from PayPal and had everything in my hands a few days later...

:roll:
Wildman used to tout MAWDs over all smaller/cheaper DD altimeters (even over the MissileWorks RRC2), now they're not even on his site.
Perfectflite's site's up, but the last update was Jan. 2008.
Are they history, or still making product?

Yes, deandome, "They are still making product" :confused:

It's all about demand, and it seems that the demand is strong these days....

The elves are busy making toys.

If you are a good boy, maybe you'll get one.

asked...answered.

No need for snippiness, I explained how I thought it was weird how they're not on Wildman's site anymore, and the site hasn't been updated since 8/08.

And c'mon...what's "demand" when it comes to HPR....100-200 MAWDs in the last 5-6 months? I'd think in this economy...and seeing Tim had problems getting 'em well before the lawsuit was settled....keeping retailers stocked & keeping yourself in front of customers (having 'news' on your site, even if there really isn't anything new....i.e., Layne Pemberton" (who DOES always have new stuff, but still, you can't shut him up :p )...would be crucial to drive sales.

To me, people like Layne, Gary @ Aerotech, Wildman...people who 'talk' to us regularly...make me feel better about buying their products.

Last edited:
And c'mon...what's "demand" when it comes to HPR....100-200 MAWDs in the last 5-6 months? I'd think in this economy...and seeing Tim had problems getting 'em well before the lawsuit was settled....keeping retailers stocked & keeping yourself in front of customers (having 'news' on your site, even if there really isn't anything new....i.e., Layne Pemberton" (who DOES always have new stuff, but still, you can't shut him up :p )...would be crucial to drive sales

The folks at Perfectflite do this,as do many others on a part time basis. They run a family farm in their "spare time". As to volume, Pete also supplies all of the TARC altimeters. That runs to a few hundred alone each year. The people who like the product can get them from Perfectflite, usually in a few days.

Back