Is it just me? Or are a lot of image files broken?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of my old posts with broken image icons as of late... Is there a problem here?

sandeja1

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was just me/my browser!

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
yes going through old threads.. missing pics, links and many shrunk down to size of postage stamp pic....went to thread bout 3 weeks ago to do research all was fine yesterday all messed up....flight video was on page now just gibberish, same for 2 tests of charge holders..there was some pretty good ground breaking stuff now gone.

pics were full size before all happened last few weeks

just one of many threads I went to screwed up

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...-smoke-success-flew-today.144294/post-1758538

you should really take time required to read this one. I did pretty darn amazing build of huge 275lb rocket. in just 3 weeks. posts 3 62 91 missing on page video of tests and flights....
sure wish I could get my editing privileges back, u would be hard pressed finding more peeps who have documented rocketry builds and related instructions for posterity and good forum content than myself....pages of build threads. never would I delete anything...it's my reference material for more than 4o kits and 12 years.

I used to back several years and update some things to current technology..

thank you for all u do in any case,

Cj

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
What browser and are you using iPhone? I saw images.

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

neil_w

Yum yum rockety goodness
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
sure wish I could get my editing privileges back, u would be hard pressed finding more peeps who have documented rocketry builds and related instructions for posterity and good forum content than myself....pages of build threads. never would I delete anything...it's my reference material for more than 4o kits and 12 years.

I used to back several years and update some things to current technology..
Double-thumbs up on this. If there's anyone who deserves special editing it is CJ, for reasons he mentioned above.

As I have stated on numerous past occasions, I rather strenuously disagree with the current forum policy of the needlessly restrictive post editing window, but that is a deceased equine at this point.

Tobor

Get your peanuts....
TRF Supporter
Reaction score

From what I can tell, it's not a browser problem. I tried your links in Pale Moon (v. 28.17), FireFox (v. 80.0.1) and Vivaldi (v. 3.6.2165.40). All had the same result. It's most likely an issue with the TRF website. It could be corrupted image files, corrupted or missing pointers within the website DataBase or something along these lines.

I do recall a recent issue with trying to access the TRF website. Pages were timing out before they could be loaded and rendered. The issue lasted for several hours iirc. There might be a connection between your images disappearing and the slow down.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
It looks like Group Builder moved the images to a different server named imagearchive.com. it is not serving the images.

Kartman

Reaction score
I use an iPad Mini to browse TRF. I have been noticing issues with attached photos for a while. The thumbnails look fine but when I try to open, some of the images only show a “slice” of the top part. For example the first post of a recent Nike Hercules build shows three thumbnails. When opened on my iPad two images are fine but one is only a “slice”. Interestingly, when viewed on my iMac downstairs, all images look fine.

neil_w

Yum yum rockety goodness
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I use an iPad Mini to browse TRF. I have been noticing issues with attached photos for a while. The thumbnails look fine but when I try to open, some of the images only show a “slice” of the top part. For example the first post of a recent Nike Hercules build shows three thumbnails. When opened on my iPad two images are fine but one is only a “slice”. Interestingly, when viewed on my iMac downstairs, all images look fine.
This is a known problem, apparently with no fix in sight.

shawn_rocket

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, I've tested on Chrome and Firefox on Windows and Linux this morning and profile pics are broken, several images and some posts with several pics have links to the pictures rather than a thumbnail/full image. This has been going on for about a month or so.

mjennings

Reaction score
Most really old threads lack pics pre 2010 ish but that may be due to some of the crashed and the archive being restored

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Can you give me a link to one or two of those? I can the investigate something specifically and if I cannot fix

@K'Tesh do you know what upload those two images were done? I didn't see them either, but what can you tell me about them?
The first image was likely just the wrap, the graphic, I used for my L1. The 2nd was probably an image of the fully finished rocket.