Is anyone doing custom balsa nose cones these days?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrent

Reaction score
I have need for a precise replica of an Estes BNC-50K for a cloning project. At one time this was as easy as going to the Semroc website and placing an order and it would usually show up that evening... okay that's a bit of an exaggeration but I'm sure you all remember how quickly stuff used to arrive from Carl & Sheryl.
Anyway, eRockets is out of stock on them and the Balsa Machining version has a rounded tip that just doesn't look right. So now I'm looking for anyone who can produce an accurate BNC-50K as a custom part.

Thanks,
I contacted Gordon and he's already on it!
Don

Thanks for posting the link to Gordon. I'm interested in having something done too.

At one time this was as easy as going to the Semroc website and placing an order and it would usually show up that evening... okay that's a bit of an exaggeration but I'm sure you all remember how quickly stuff used to arrive from Carl & Sheryl.
Semroc used to scare me, there were times that parts showed up when I was just done figuring out I needed them.
I think they were messing around with the "Space-Time Continuum", and we have all seen those episodes of "Star Trek: TNG" and they never end well.

Back