Is anybody going to the National Boy Scout Jamboree?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Every four years the Boy Scouts hold their National Boy Scout Jamboree, which now permanently resides at the Bechtel Scout Reservation in West Virginia. In the past, several folks from TRF have attended as scouts, scouters, scout leaders, or even as volunteers teaching rocketry for the Space Exploration merit badge.

That said, I will be attending this year (the last two weeks of July) as a member of the chaplain staff. I will be in the Foxtrot Basecamp in the Olympic subcamp (unless they make more changes).

I'd love to try to meet up if anyone else here is going.

[edit] Of course this, and our daughter's wedding, means that I will be unable to attend NARAM this year.

I attended last time, but I've aged out of scouts and am not involved in Venture crew anymore. :/

I attended last time, but I've aged out of scouts and am not involved in Venture crew anymore. :/

That just means that you continue on as an ASM :wink: We have 5 guys from 18-23 that stayed on and registered as an ASM. The boys in the Troop really look up to these young men.

That just means that you continue on as an ASM :wink: We have 5 guys from 18-23 that stayed on and registered as an ASM. The boys in the Troop really look up to these young men.

Or as a Committee Member. Less training, and as a practical matter you should be able to be just as useful as an ASM.

I'm going to bump this just in case someone missed it last time. I leave on Saturday. My assignment did change. If you're going, I will be in the Alpha basecamp, A4 Congaree subcamp.

Back