iPhone app for BRB900

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding an app for interpreting the GPS coordinates that my BRB900 spits out for my iPhone. Cell coverage where I normally fly is not an issue. Its degrees, decimal minutes (I think) and I am just looking for an app that will allow me to just punch in the coords and show me on a map where the heck that point is. There are LOADS of GPS apps where I currently am but not one that allows for me to put in the coords. I was using a Garmin eTrex hand held unit but that has bitten the dust after about 12 or so years of use and I'm not sure I want to replace that.

I think I'll fire up the ol BRB tomorrow and put it outside for good sat signal and try that out. Thanks

By default, I think BRB900 reports degrees, minutes, decimal minutes. This is the most common format.

Google or iPhone Maps is fine, but you probably should have a GPS navigation app as backup, just in case cell coverage is an issue. I use Android, but I would guess that there are plenty of apps for iPhone as well. They should allow you to enter and edit waypoints just like your Garmin. MotionX is a popular app.

Back